P3DV4 Crashes on startup after installing ORBX

torontorob

I purchased the following products a few days ago. Global base, Vector, LC North America, Trees. I was able to use P3DV4 once with the products installed. Now, P3dV4 boots up, I select my location, weather etc, press OK, and the system tells me it encountered an error and has to shutdown. I did not have any issues before the software was loaded.
Is there a way to temporarily deactivate ORBX, without having to delete then install everything again?

Your guidance and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, I am not sure what the XML file is. I just download, and let the computer decide where to place the files. The only other program I installed into P3DV4 was PMDG 737 for P3DV4. 

Everything worked fine with P3DV4 for about a month. After installing all 4 ORBX products, P3DV4, the error pops up that an error occurred and the program will close. This happens at the last step, after I chose what aircraft, weather, time and date etc... and press OK to load, that is when the error pops up, and the program closes. I have since uninstalled all the ORBX products from ORBX Central. The program error is still there.

Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Rob 

This is a strange behaviour of P3Dv4 CTD'ing as I have the GSX add-on and one or two FSDT airports. I also have just installed Global Base, Libraries, FTXC3, EU-England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, N.Ireland, etc and have no issues with P3Dv4.

Archived