KSAN - Considering Purchase - Performance?

GlennH

Hi all,

Having made many trips to San Diego for business, I'm very interested in adding this airport to my SCA installation but I am concerned about performance.

As this area can be demanding, I was wondering what people who already have it think? I like to maintain 30 FPS for approaches and I easily achieve that in my current settings on v3 and v4 installations even in the San Diego area of SCA.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

50 minutes ago, Triplane said:

It also depends heavily on what aircraft you're flying. The frame rate you'll get for the default Mooney is a whole lot different than what you'll see in a complex aircraft like the PMDG 777.....Doug

I realize that. I'm just looking for an apples to apples comparison from someone who owns the airport.

But anyway......

Realair Legacy / Turbine Duke

Majestic q400

AS CRJ

Dont use any PMDG aircraft.

10 hours ago, GlennH said:

Hi all,

Having made many trips to San Diego for business, I'm very interested in adding this airport to my SCA installation but I am concerned about performance.

As this area can be demanding, I was wondering what people who already have it think? I like to maintain 30 FPS for approaches and I easily achieve that in my current settings on v3 and v4 installations even in the San Diego area of SCA.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn - 

I have a 1070 8GB and a i76700 @ 4.0 bursting to 4.2 GHZ and in a Carenado cockpit I'm getting about 23FPS in P3Dv4 but at times going up to 30FPS (smooth) in outside spot view or out by that mall on the north side of town near Old Town.

That is with AI airliner traffic and Worldwide Ships AI.

It's definitely flyable.

I'm relatively pleased with this scenery, it includes a better Balboa Park to land over than the competition's, and the downtown is OK and is convincing.

I'm biased and terribly picky though because in XP11 I painstakingly assembled a collection of available sceneries and my own Ortho scenery to create my own perfect scenery just the way I remember it from vacation this year with our Embassy Suites labeled as such etc.  I might "tweak" my Orbx scenery to include this feature and others.

Steve

Archived