Various questions regarding the Global Freeware Packs

Der Flieger

Hello,

I am an avid user of the whole FTX Global Eco System and just recently discovered the generous Global Freeware Packs for both EU and NA. Still I am hesitant to install them, as I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there some list with all the airports coming with the packs? I am not a big fan of installing a huge pack without really knowing which airports are affected by it.

2. How about the upgraded airports within FTX regions? I see that some of the Global Freeware airports are located within some of the full ORBX regions and I am wondering what happens to those airports, as I have read that default airports are already getting an upgrade with the regions. Is there any conflict?

Thanks for any answer, I appreciate it! :)

Cheers,

Sebastian

Once you install the pack, there is a user guide that lists all the airports that have been upgraded from their default state. Not sure if you bring the pack to FTX central if the list is available before installing it because I have it installed.

Many of these are airports that needed attention and make them realistic to Orbx quality. If you want to do a check, go to Spadaro 1N2 before installing and then go there after installing and see the transformation. The airports in the regions that are in these packs are just simply making them better.

Brian

You"re Welcome!

Note, though, that is doesn't include the newest freeware pack added last week.  I don't know how soon it will be updated.  The announcement for the pack does list them, though.

Happy flying!

Ken

The Global Freeware airports are to the same standard as the enhanced airports in the regions. That said as time goes on they keep getting better. There were some freeware airports done before the regions and these have been replaced by the airport in the regions. They are very similar to the global freeware airports but may have been adjusted to match the elevation and terrain in the region packs. I'm not sure if these freeware airports are still available if they are now included in regional scenerys, I think they were removed so they would not overwrite the regional airports.

Larry

Archived