Severe issues after ORBX Global Base Update 1.41--P3D v3.4

texasflood69

Greetings,

I totally turned Earth into a desert planet after the latest Global Base Update 1.41 for P3Dv3.4.

What I updated today in order was FTX Central, then (not by choice) FTX Global Open LC NA, then Global Base. Had trouble downloading the Global base from FTX Central due to a "file being extracted appears to be corrupted" error at the top of the report. I downloaded manually and then had FTX Central install for me.

So once I rebooted, I had no oceans and just random land classes everywhere. The scenery below is from Honolulu.

Software info:

• Transaction ID: 5856c27b8da3e
  • Product: FTX Global BASE Pack
  • Amount paid: $64.97 AUD
  • Purchased at: 2016-12-18 17:48:53
  • Quantity purchased: 1
  • Transaction ID: 585eba5db9bd2
  • Product: FTX Global openLC North America
  • Amount paid: $35.72 AUD
  • Purchased at: 2016-12-29 03:35:49
  • Quantity purchased: 1

Oh, and one more thing... I unchecked all the ORBX sceneries from the scenery library in P3D and it had no effect so I'm hoping I didn't just jack up P3D's default scenery too!

Capture.JPGComp Info.JPGP3DV3.4.JPGScreenshot (274)_edited.jpg

Any assistance would be appreciated. At this point I'm ready to uninstall ORBX...all of it...just to get my oceans back. Hopefully the solution is relatively simple. 

Please let me know if there's any other information you need. Thanks!!

Hi,

Please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks for the response. Let me go by the number...

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

No "update" notifications to take care of. Good to go. (Please reference FTX Central pic below)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

All of my addon sceneries are self-made and all in the Addon Scenery folder which is at the top of the scenery library list. Check!

Screenshot (279).jpg

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Yes, inserted below "Addon Scenery." (Reference pic below)

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

I think this is good to go with "FTX" selected. 

Screenshot (276).jpg

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Okay.....done.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Okay.....done.

Unfortunately it did not work. Should be water where the boat and pier are... :(

Screenshot (277).jpg

I will try a reboot and let you know...

.... Still does not work.

What do you recommend as another solution? Thanks for your assistance!

Thanks for the response.

Here's what it spit out...

Orbx Migration Troubleshooter
====================================
REGIONS
    Australia                                         NOT INSTALLED
    Central Rocky Mountains                           NOT INSTALLED
    England                                           NOT INSTALLED
    FTX Global                                        MIGRATED CORRECTLY
    Ireland                                           NOT INSTALLED
    Northern California                               NOT INSTALLED
    Northern Ireland                                  NOT INSTALLED
    Norway                                            NOT INSTALLED
    Northern Rocky Mountains                          NOT INSTALLED
    New Zealand North Island                          NOT INSTALLED
    New Zealand South Island                          NOT INSTALLED
    FTX Global openLC Europe                          NOT INSTALLED
    Pacific Fjords                                    NOT INSTALLED
    Pacific Northwest                                 MIGRATED CORRECTLY
    Southern Alaska                                   NOT INSTALLED
    Southern California                               NOT INSTALLED
    Scotland                                          NOT INSTALLED
    Wales                                             NOT INSTALLED
====================================
All region files exist.
All files valid, MD5 hashes checked.

If you just delete the .txt files everything stays and FTXC3 will just do a repair and download and install any missing files, so this would be the least download method.

You can delete the entire Orbx folder found in your main P3D folder and install from saved backups if you have, or you could do new downloads with a download manager to help prevent the corrupt file scenario.

We haven't yet confirmed your OpenLC NA is installed correct as it is too new for the troubleshooter to check, so maybe start there first, uninstalling and reinstalling OpenLC NA by using the blue uninstall button in FTXC3 and confirm that the .txt has been deleted. 

Did not work for the Global reinstall...geez.

I miss seeing the Gulf of Mexico. Luckily I'm going to South Padre Island in a couple of days to see it for real...LOL.

I hate to think what the other solutions are for this issue. I hope P3D didn't somehow become corrupt.

Ok, try this, 

Go to your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder (save a copy first) and delete the entire "SceneryIndexes" folder, delete the "terrain.cfg", then also go to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder and delete the entire "Shaders" folder.....P3D will then rebuild them on the next start up.

Screenshot (280).jpg

YOU DID IT, BROTHER!! Got my oceans back!!! Going to cruise and check on some other places but it should be good to go. I added my scenery too and it's looking good so far. Hopefully it continues without issue.

Couldn't have done it without you. Thanks a bunch!!

Let me know if there's any follow up info you need from me. Again...thank you!

I'll do that.

Went around for a spin and it looks like maybe OLC NA isn't on as the towns look very sandy, like before I installed it. Also, where I'm flying in South Texas there were more crop fields and now not so much. Not sure if it's a setting but I don't really want to mess with it right now since I'm just glad Earth looks like Earth again :)

Maybe running FTXC3 will do the trick!

Archived