Central America (Honduras)

I was very excited to hear that Orbx would be working on and now has released Open LC South America. I however am not all that impressed with North America Open LC. Most airports in Honduras are not rendered, or in the wrong location. The cities, towns, and small villages are also not rendered in the right locations. I have enjoyed Orbx products over the years, but am now hesitant to purchase the South America Open LC. Can anyone assist me in fixing my Honduras area, or provide solutions so that the area is available to fly. I am currently utilizing P3DV4. I thank you for your time and support. 

Hello,

Sorry that you are not impressed.

I should point out that airports are not within the remit of landclass, which simply 

rearranges the textures to better reflect the topology of an area.

I believe that the accuracy of the landclass depends upon the accuracy of the available data.

This can be variable, depending on where it is in the world.

Nick,

Thank you for your time and quick response. I am not looking for pin point accuracy, however this is the first time that i have noticed it being so far off. MHPL shows on the horn vs inland a few miles. I have been waiting for this part of the Orbx world to be implemented. The open LC was the first product that addressed Central America, thus generating some excitement on my part. I understand that the available data can be variable. I have yet to see any correction to this area within FSX, FSX Steam, FSW, X-Plane, or P3DV4. I enjoy flying the challenging approaches within Honduras, do to military service i performed there. I would like to say that the Open LC did wonders for America and Canada, my original statement was rather harsh. I will keep my hopes up for possible Orbx Honduran airports, or region pack in the future.  Again, thank you for your time and support.

v/r

Chief Jason

Archived