Why does my post keep getting moved ?

GAJ52

I created a post regarding the Gatwick AFCAD and it keeps being moved to the FTX Compatibility Forum, WHY its nothing to do with any 3rd party software I believe its a  EU England AFCAD problem which I'm trying to get fixed.

Having spent a lot of money on your products please respect that and give me some support with my query.

Thank you.

Hello,

Let me ask you a question.

Why have you now posted three identical questions on the same subject?

The reason that the topic was moved to the compatibility forum is this line in your first post

I have just installed UT Live for additional AI aircraft 

which is at variance with

WHY its nothing to do with any 3rd party software

I am struggling to understand why you would you imagine that moving your topic, which was answered almost straight away by Richard Bui,

was showing some kind of lack of support?

Nick

I was simply pointing out there may be a problem with the Gatwick AFCAD in EU England.

A simple answer would have been 'Thank you for pointing this out we'll look into it' - I would have been happy.  If you read Richards answer again you will see he was straight away blaming UT Live and recommended I get in touch with UT Support, without even investigating if this was a ORBX issue.  I have never used the ADE utility and don't even know if its compatible with a 64bit P3D so I'm afraid of messing up my sim.

My initial mistake was mentioning UT Live in my post, because of this it was moved to the FTX Compatibility forum and no further action being taken.  I now have to suffer your sarcastic comments above about why I re-posted the query - because I believe the initial answer from Richard was wrong and I at least need ORBX to look into the possibility their EU England EGKK AFCAD is wrong.

Voyager

Thanks for posting the youtube video but it says its private and I can't open it, I don't have a youtube account.

There is no sarcasm either evident, implied or intended, only my answer to your complaint that

the topic was  moved from where you put it and your apparent perception that this was an attempt

to somehow avoid the issue.

If you take a look at the compatibility forum you will see that it is very much active and not, as you

appear to think, some kind of siding where support issues are shunted and ignored.

There was and still is no reason why your enquiry could not have continued there.

As you mentioned third party software causing your AI to land where it should not, and then

suggested that there was a fault in the Orbx software, this appeared to me to be a potential

incompatibility, so I moved it to that forum.

The purpose of that forum is to address problems exactly like the one you report.

Having now visited the default Gatwick and as you say, seen very little AI, I can understand why you

would want to add some.

If you temporarily disable the Orbx version of Gatwick, does your reported anomaly persist or disappear?

Richard and Voyager's comments appear to suggest that it will persist, as they say that Orbx version does not

change AI behaviour.

I think we understand that, can you tell me, is there is any difference between the 

relevant parts of default Gatwick and EU England Gatwick?

I can see none and both runways appear to be active in both versions, but I have no

expertise in the ways of AI aircraft.

Just now, GAJ52 said:

[...]

Voyager

Thanks for posting the youtube video but it says its private and I can't open it, I don't have a youtube account.

Hi GAJ52,

It was bad of me. I forgot to check the rating.

It has been modified now.

If you want, you do not need to have a Youtube account, you could try to watch the small video again.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Voyager

Disable the runway in the ADE so that the sim no longer see's it as an available option. Also one of the big things that stands is that the 08L/26R approach lights and papis are still operational in the FTX ENG EGKK where irl they are turned off.

Hello,

If this is what you would rather see, there is a file attached that will make it look this way.

I believe that AI aircraft will now ignore runway 8L and 26R.

2017-7-30_21-10-37-812.jpg

Please let me know if they do not or if you would rather see something else.

The file should go into ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Please back up the existing one first.

I have made this with ADE for FSX but it should work in P3D.

I don't have the P3Dv3 SDK, only the P3Dv4 version.

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGKK.bgl

Dave

Many thanks for your help, that's exactly what I was trying to point out.

Nick

Thanks for the file, that seems to correct the original error as 08L/26R should only be used as a taxiway.

Glen

Archived