Tarija (SLTJ) Airport

stopnicki

Hello to all:

I just purchased the South America product (for P3Dv4) and I am looking forward to enjoying my flights in the region.

The first thing I checked, however, was the layout and altitude of Tarija (SLTJ), as it has been an issue for me in FSX (no longer in use), P3Dv3 and now P3Dv4.

The airport altitude in the simulator (also now with the new South America install) shows as 7600 feet.

The actual altitude of the airport is 6096.

As a result, if I fly on line with a friend, his airplane always lands "down there" and he can see my airplane "up in the air", when I have landed.

And any IFR flying, will always bring me below the airport on final, if I follow the airport approach charts.

It appears that it might be an issue with the available data for the actual terrain in that area. Notwithstanding, is there a fix for this problem that somebody can point me to? 

Thank you in advance.

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

I'm assuming you have Vector, if you don't that would be a problem.  Also you should download/install the free SA mesh that Ed mentioned as part of his product announcement.

I have Vector, OLC_SA and the mesh mentioned above.  I see SLTJ at 6093 feet elevation (due to the elevation correction that is part of Vector) but at a somewhat wrong location that allows a main road to cross over it.  I can easily correct the airport location but I'm somewhat reluctant to change the airport altitude as it's been corrected by Vector already.

Cheers, Neil

Archived