OZx3.0 goodness - post your new OZx scenery pics here

squeeker

Is there any easy way of finding all the airstrips and mines etc. I've found a few in my travels but I'd love to see more of them - especially as it id not accur to me to make of note of where a number of them were - doh!  ::)

A few are "afcaded" and will appear in your "go to airport" screen eg YKNG and YBEV, but for the most part, it's old fashioned dead reckoning navigation.

There is a comprehensive list of all the fields and sceneries in your "Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\OZx\User_Docs" folder, which also includes a "maps" subfolder with a Google Earth map (thanks Serge!) showing all locations.

Also now, every AM broadcast station in Australia is included in OZx3.0. This can help a great deal with navigation if your aircraft has an ADF - especially if there is a transmitter next to the location you want to fly to. All broadcast station locations are shown on WAC charts, and published in the ERSA document (Enroute Supplement Australia) which you'd need to purchase or inherit an expired one from a fellow aviator.

Goodness indeed! Absolutely bleeding fantastic actually!  ;)

A nice little flight from Port Macquarie allowed me to check out Old Bar....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thankyou so very much OZx for what must be the single most comprehensive scenery freeware add-on!

All the bonus stuff AM Radio Stations for navigating, some water start locations (now we get to use the Cub on Floats some more!), Serge's KML files, and comprehensive docs just blows me away!

Lovely shots indeed. The OZx team does wonders.

Sadly I won't bother with version. 3 as I just don't have the time to study routes and maps before flight to find these little gems. Also have to say lack of knowledge of OZ and the location of towns and airports don't help much.

It's a pity, I am missing out big time.

Once again, super shots  :)

Lovely shots indeed. The OZx team does wonders.

Sadly I won't bother with version. 3 as I just don't have the time to study routes and maps before flight to find these little gems. Also have to say lack of knowledge of OZ and the location of towns and airports don't help much.

It's a pity, I am missing out big time.

Once again, super shots  :)

There's more than enough documentation/maps to get you going!

Archived