Slow loading and dissappearing autogen

Dags60

Gday guys

I took the plunge to v4 the other day, ran into some problems so re-installed. Anyway to cut a long story short once it was installed i took a long flight for around an hour or so on vanilla install to see how it all is running. I'm happy to report no problems, not even with slow loading or dissappearing autogen.

Now to my problem ... installed ftx global, vector and australia. To my amazement i took a flight but this time i was seeing very slow loading autogen and autogen even dissappearing. What the hell could be causing this when it didnt happen on a vanilla install?

Its not my system as it isnt a slouch ... I7-7700k stock @ 4.2, GTX 1080, 16 gigs ram, Asus Strix Z270 motherboard.

The slow loading and dissappearing autogen is mostly urban as in houses, buildings etc with occassional trees.

Any help would be appreciated cheers.

One more thing to add, the settings i run are conservative, meaning sliders are not maxed to the right.

I have also noticed a fair bit of shimmering/sparkling mainly coming from urban areas.

Would appreciate the assistance as these things weren't prevelant in p3d v3.

Cheers

Gday Doug

Yes all Orbx is up to date including the libs. What i might try is uninstalling the libs then re-installing.

Ok just tried unloading Orbxlibs from FTX Central and i couldnt do it. So my question is how do i unload Orbxlibs so i can re-install.

Note: I just jumped on LM forums and this problem with slow loading autogen has been reported by many simmers.

So maybe its a combined problem of p3d and Orbx. don't really know, all i know is its very annoying since i didnt have these problems in v3.

28 minutes ago, Dags60 said:

Ok just tried unloading Orbxlibs from FTX Central and i couldnt do it. So my question is how do i unload Orbxlibs so i can re-install.

Yes, go to your ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the corresponding .txt file, this will tell FTXC3 that the libs are no longer installed and let you reinstall.

Cheers

Doug

As i suspected, re-installed orbxlibs and no go, still the same.

Funny thing was on vanilla p3d i didnt have this problem, was only when i added orbx australia, global and vector.

Oh well back to head scratching and follow the outcomes in LM forums.

Thanks anyway Doug

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Dags60 said:

As i suspected, re-installed orbxlibs and no go, still the same.

Funny thing was on vanilla p3d i didnt have this problem, was only when i added orbx australia, global and vector.

Oh well back to head scratching and follow the outcomes in LM forums.

Thanks anyway Doug

Basic but worth asking. In the vector panel you have checked the 'FTX Australia installed' so that vector is disabled for Oz due to know incompatibilities?

Gday guys

Yes corkery that was ticked in vector.

And Doug here is some pics, these were taken one after the other just out of YBCG on the way to YBNE.

Its 95% urban areas that arent loading. Also happening behind the aircraft. Missing areas of urban autogen.

This wasnt happeninig in v3, but as i said earlier, there are quite a few people in LM forums having exactly the same problems.

So hopefully this can be fixed soon as its very agravating and an immersion killer for sure.

2017-7-26_7-7-21-562.jpg

2017-7-26_7-7-23-526 (2).jpg

2017-7-26_7-7-23-526.jpg

2017-7-26_7-7-28-481 (2).jpg

2017-7-26_7-7-28-481.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, you resolve this issue? 

In the last flight i have same, or similar problems, autogen don't load correctly when approach to any airports. After takeoff it's ok, but when descending i see the abnormal autogen loading. 

It may be a problem related to autogen.xml?

• 2 months later...

I also have this issue from time to time. for example with Orbx Scotland today, I was descending and there was no autogen at all, it was not until I was turning on short finals the autogen started to load in. The autogen is very slow to load at times.

Archived