YMLT 2.5 Problem

flyguy737

I have to correct my statement from above:

If I activate FS Global, my Cessna is sunken a few ft. into the ground in front of the hangar buildings (and I think elsewhere at the YMLT airport too)...  :(

But, ok, if I just fly in Australia, I really don't need FS Global (Oceania) , because Holgermesh is just as well or even better there. :)

Regards

Bernd

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I've the same problem too. I use FSglobal 2010. Nothing helps, no deactivating of oceania, nor disabling of Anties or OZX-things. In MyTraffic 5.2b there's no YMLT-afcad-file. The only thing helping a little bit is the flattenfile from Graham and the meshresolution of 10 mtrs. But I saw that the flatten brings up the old, original MS-runway; it looks like that. The runway, delivers with the YMLT-pack is invisible after the filesharing. So I think, a patch is nessessary here but I don't know how has to patch: FTX, FSglobal or someone other?

with regards Kai

My advice is uninstall fsglobal altogether get rid of it and see how you go.

Er, that's not good advice  :-\

Why would you uninstall a mesh product which covers the whole world? All you need to do install the BGL from Graham, and yes, you should actually see the default FSX runway at YMLT - that's how we made the airport.

hello John,

thanks for your advice; I'd had a little horror about deinstalling the lot of datas of FSglobal and install it back again maybe at a future time. What do you mean with actually runway? The runway I saw before I patched the scenery with the file of Graham was a handmade. Is it planned to bring this back again with a future patch?

with regards Kai

JV the reason I said that is because I found that this mesh might make some areas look good I found some serious problems in some parts of the world that I sometimes fly in an around like SCKL was completly sunken in a big cavity etc.

So even though I believe it might be a good product, since I reinstalled without it I found fsx better. Thats why I will only stick now on to a product that covers that area as with holgermesh because I believe that those products that concentrate on that area include a better mesh.

So I stand by my statement but I don't mean to offend :)

The runway I saw before I patched the scenery with the file of Graham was a handmade. Is it planned to bring this back again with a future patch?

The runway on the photoreal scenery for Launceston was never good enough for us to use in this pack. We used the FSX default one instead with some added tyre marks to try to give it a slightly worn look.

What you probably saw last time was the photoreal one showing through and I am sure that if you had looked closely, you would have seen that it was quite blurry and not really very usable.

This is how the runway looks on my system. Yours may vary a little depending on your settings in FTX Aero and perhaps if you are using REX.

Posted Image

hello Graham,

yes you're right, I saw the quality of the runway. But I thought that it would be similar as the runways in YMML and so I meant this would has to be in that way. But now my runway in YMLT looks like yours and I'm very happy and satisfied with it. Again; probably you can't here this nomore, you and your stuff are the greatest in the FSX-world and I hope, that this would be last very long :) :).

with regards

Kai

in regards to FSGlobal,

I can state that I have been using it for as long as it is around in it's various incarnations and has always worked a treat doing exactly what it is , namely mesh scenery, ergo the "chickenwire" mold below our visible scenery.

having FSGlobal installed, I also have Holgersmash for Australia activated and that works very well, just make sure that the FTX sceneries are above FSGlobal.

Archived