Installing P3Dv4 airports (when the time comes.....)

Triplane

Because of a failed drive I've lost my P3Dv3 installation. But I still have a full FSX installation with all ORBX products. When it comes time to install the ORBX airports for P3Dv4 will FTXC3 use the FSX installation to copy files or will I have to re-download all the airports or re-install P3Dv3 (I still have v3 backup files)?...........Doug

My Central used the v3 installations to install in v4. It copied the files and downloaded/added files needed for v4 from the net. If you search the forum you can see a posting from Nick where he tells us NOT to uninstall P3D v3 and installed ORBX sceneries BEFORE we have installed the v4 versions, to save time.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Leave them both up if you got the space. 

As for P3Dv4, it will have the same use of FTX Central 3 and when opened, you have your choice between FSX or v4.  Central will use whatever it can from your FSX installs.  It does save you time from downloading.

I have migrated files that I want to fly now.  Some windsocks and "flow" objects do not work, but I usually turn all that stuff off anyway.  Some scenery as with KSFF and KTVL will have either buildings missing or the roofs gone.   Have never figured out how or where the textures are hidden. (no support for this and you are subject to screwing it up, so don't venture unless you some knowledge to assist the effort)

OK. Thanks guys. I think I got it now, I reread Nick's note and looks like it's going to be a reinstall of P3Dv3. I was really hoping the FSX files could be used but it looks like that's not the case.....drat, gosh dang it, golly gee whiz.....sigh.....Doug

Archived