P3DV4 FTX product downloads

Double Bubble

Hi,

Could somebody please confirm for me when installing my FTX products and regions into P3DV4, I have all my FTX products installed into P3DV3 Global, Open LC, Vector and most regions, my question is it seemed that Global, Open LC, Lights Configurator, HD Trees, LC NA all installed to V4 without requiring a new download of products but I just installed Vector to P3DV4 and received an 11gig re-download that smashed my monthly allowance, I was under the impression that if I had a current V3 install that it would just copy over the files for the said product, I had previously updated my V3 install of vector to V1.52 prior to installing into V4, I still have a lot of FTX products to install to V4 so will they be re-downloaded or just copied over?

Cheers Rod. 

Hello,

If you have products installed to another simulator, the files will be copied over

but not necessarily all of them.

It may be that FTX Central recorded an 11 GB download but still took files from

the existing installation.

It works that way for me, I might see for example, 2 GB downloaded but it took only

three or four minutes, which is not possible at 4 mbps.

In fact, the majority of files come from the existing installation but FTX Central reports

the total as a download.

Hi Nick,

As my monthly allowance rolls over at midnight tonight I had 6gig left for the evening, as the Vector download progressed passed 6gig I recieved a message from my provider that my monthly allowance had just passed 100% and 1gig had been added to my account, so after Vector had finished downloading and installing several messages came through from my provider informing me that the extra download was approximately 6gig above my allowance I was charged another $60 for the privilege, $10 per gig, if this continues the V4 install is gonna cost a fortune, hence the confusion of downloading or copying.

Cheers Rod 

Hello Rod,

Ouch, are there no better ISPs you could use?

On a more constructive note, in my recent experience, FTX Central did download

quite a lot for the P3Dv4 Vector version and I don't know why.

It did copy files from my FSX installation but fewer than I might have expected.

Most of the regions and the few airports I have added did not download very much at all.

I do understand and empathise, it is not so long ago that I had an expensive and very slow

monthly limit of 15 GB, an amount that I can now use in a couple of hours.

Wow!  That is almost criminal.  Sounds like your internet provider is using microwave or satcom to pass the traffic.  If that was in the 'states', it would be cheaper to rent a motel room in a large city so that you could do a day of downloading.

Just when I thought I have heard it all!

Wishing you a better way of downloading.

Yes Lawrence it's criminal, and yes the wife's not happy, we have the most expensive IPS providers in the world in Aus I think, at this rate in will take months to get P3DV4 up to scratch, now quite apprehensive to continue without knowing whats gonna be downloaded and whats not.

Cheers Rod 

Archived