Removing old Orbx zips and box products

seehunt

Hi, I have quite a few ORBX zip files and am wondering if I can delete them?......as I believe with Orbxdirect they are no

longer used....please advise.

Also, I cannot make sense out of the ORBX post about boxed DVD sceneries. And what to do to transfer them

into my Orbx account.

Thank You.

Do not mean for P3D...these are zip files for FSX, some of the ones I have are for global base ,

trees, Jackson hole airport, etc, etc.

Can I deleted them ?

About the migration tool for boxed FSX ORBX sceneries...are they coming out with a migration tool ?

Thanks

Hello,

If you mean Flight Sim Store installers for your products, then for now, you can still use them,

so deleting them is not a good idea.

There is no means of "migrating" a DVD product to Orbx Direct at the moment, so the DVDs should also be kept.

If you have DVD products and require updates , they can be found here.

Nick, Thank You for the information.  Have some more questions:

1. If and when I would ever need to reinstall a scenery purchased thru Orbxdirect...how does that work?

say I bought a new computer.

2. If I had a need to reinstall a purchased Flightsim store Orbx scenery that was successfully migrated    

how does that work?    Would I use the Flight Sim store installer ?

3. Out of frustration I deleted several Orbx sceneries I purchased thru Flight Sim Store and repurchased them

from OrbxDirect.......so I assume I can deleted those zips / installers?

4. The 2 boxed products I have are PNW and Central Rockies...and the support downloads link you supplied

is confusing to me...can't understand which ones to use.

Thanks for your time.

Seehunt

Hi Seehunt,

All reinstalls can be carried out through FTX Central. This applies to purchases originally made at the FlightSimStore and on OrbxDirect.

For DVD's you can continue to use the DVD installer, for the patches Nick linked just download them and run the executable.

2 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

Hi Seehunt,

All reinstalls can be carried out through FTX Central. This applies to purchases originally made at the FlightSimStore and on OrbxDirect.

For DVD's you can continue to use the DVD installer, for the patches Nick linked just download them and run the executable.

I have the same problem..

I have boxed software which i purchased from 'FlightStore' (in Wakefield, UK), not 'Flight Sim Store' (in Oz)..

My boxed copies aren't even listed in the link! 

Can you confirm how i install from the discs given that it might try to install FTX central2 when i already have FTXC3?

Many thanks

The DVD's can be installed by running the executable, none have FTX Central 2 packaged. Once installed, FTX Central 3 will detect them so you can make configuration panel changes and view documentation. If there are patches listed in the link above, install those as well.

Fantsatic Alex

thanks for the update. I will try that.

Last question re doing this, as they were boxed copies, will it still work with the 'FlightStore' order number to validate it?

Cheers

Archived