Scenery Library - Priority and FTX Vector

Hi Guys,

I have been confounded (confused) by FTX Central and Vector placement. I downloaded Vector today and after rechecking the ORBX install manual I noted the pointed comment in the manual about how FTX Central locks the Vector components (5 files I think) in very specific places in the scenery library so I figured it must be sweet.

I had a fly around Sydney and the beaches and tunnels etc were still looking much the same without the merging effect of Vector. I had a look at my scenery config and the Vector entries are split in two and that has caused me to question the config file order. I have checked it in v4 and P3D tells me each time the layering is out of order and tries (and fails) to fix it to P3D satisfaction so I am guessing it is wrong. I also wonder about ORBX Lights and Trees being below the Vector entries I understood they should be above or have I got it completely wrong?

I would appreciate one of the ORBX gentlemen having a look at my scenery file and letting me know what errors if any exist.

scenery.cfg

Hello,

Your scenery.cfg file is comprehensively broken.

It look like you use SCE .

I attach a default P3Dv4 scenery.cfg file.

Please rename yours and replace it with this one. 

Then run FTX Central and wait until you see "activating Orbx scenery".

This should then write in all the entries for your installed FTX scenery in

the right places.

scenery.cfg

Hi Nick, did exactly as you asked and started FTX Central has not changed the default scenery config file ( no ORBX entries appeared). I take it from your instructions it should happen automatically?

Cheers

Alex

Nick,

I checked the listing at the insertion tool as you described and then hit saved and FTX Central crashed and asked me to send the log file.

I tried to save it 3 times with the same result, I expect you will see that in the log file.

Now I am seriously confused ( not that it is hard to get that way at my age).

Cheers

Alex

ftxc3.log

Hello,

Clearly FTX Central is trying to write to the correct file.

[2017-07-16_01-17-20-PM 3.2.1.1] - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg' is denied.

Please make sure that P3Dv4 is not running, that SCE is closed and that you

don't have the scenery.cfg file open in anything else, such as Notepad.

Also that you are running FTX Central as an administrator.

Hi Nick,

Apparently Windows 7 and Kaspersky decided to block writing to the file because it came from another computer. 1st time I have seen this on any of my Win7 PCs.

I have full admin rights and everything else (except Kaspesky was turned off. Anyhow it progressed and I have this  cfg file now.

Alex

scenery.cfg

Archived