FSX SE - orbx global, global vector, orbx europe - out of memory error

Hello, 

Recently I've purchased the following ORBX FTX products:

FTX Global BASE Pack
FTX Global openLC Europe
FTX Global VECTOR
LOWI Innsbruck Airport

Order number (receipt number): 5964f880cf7b2

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator Steam Edition installed, before installing the ORBX addons the simulator worked fine without any problem. After I purchased and installed the above extensions, the simulator started crashing regularly throwing the out of memory error. Also, when loading a flight it just hangs at random point with black screen, requiring simulator restart. My computer hardware is modern and should be enough for running games like FSX. Is there is any option that I can adjust to get rid of this blocking out of memory error? 

memory error after installing FTX ORBX.png

In English, the error message reads similar to the following one:

out of memory error after install ORBX RTX ENG.JPG

On some discussions I read about scenery proper order in the configuration files, which might solve the issue, however there are no details what has to be changed and where it must be changed.

Quote from one of the forum users, 'jprism' - " Once I got ORBX in the proper order in the scenery file the Out of Memory error disappeared " - I'd be happy to try this solution, but the author didn't provide any details.

Could you please take a deeper investigation of this issue, should I remove the addons and request a refund, or there is a solution?

The computer configuration is following:

Microsoft Windows 10 pro

CPU Type:  QuadCore Intel Core i7-7700, 4200 MHz (42 x 100)

System Memory:   16342 MB  (DDR4-2133 DDR4 SDRAM) - (16 GB)

Video Adapter:   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti  (4 GB)

Disk Drive:   Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB  (1000 GB, SATA-III)

-- Sem

Put simply, you are running a 32bit simulator which is restricted to 4gb of system memory, so it doesn't make any difference how powerful your PC is or how much RAM you have installed, you will get Out OF Memory errors once that 4gb has been used up. So now that you have installed the ORBX products more details are being loaded into the sim and more of the 4gb of memory is being used. One solution to this is to lower your graphics settings in the sim itself so that less details are loaded. Another solution is to have a look at a 64bit sim such as Prepar3Dv4. If you want a more detailed explanation have a read of the discussion I have linked below.

Cheers.

Hi john, thanks for the suggestion, I followed the steps from the topic below to reduce the graphical settings, it worked.

There is another question thought, regarding the ORBX textures. The default textures are showing two dimensional landscape, including buildings and trees at high altitude, and only three dimensional objects at low altitude. The ground at low altitude has only landscape, covered with 3D auto generated buildings, trees and transport. After installing the ORBX, the textures are mixing altogether - 2D landscape with buildings, 3D auto generated stuff at low altitude, which is looking awful. Is there any setting that I set wrong?

I expect to see only ground landscape covered with three dimensional objects at low altitude, as it is by default in the FSX simulator.

Briefly summarizing the problem is that after installing ORBX textures and sceneries, I see three dimensional buildings, roads and transports on top of two dimensional picture, which already includes all the infrastructure - houses, trees, cars, etc. The result of this 2D and 3D mix is an awful pure city scenery.

3D objects on top of 2D complete sceneries.jpg3D objects on top of 2D complete sceneries5.jpg

3D objects on top of 2D complete sceneries3.jpg

@Nick Cooper , dude, I'm asking how to get rid of two the dimensional city infrastructure on the picture - same like it is in the original FSX textures. On the low altitude - clean ground in 2D, everything else like buildings, trees, transport are tree dimensional objects, which looks natural. On high altitude - everything is just a two - dimensional snapshot.

-- Sem

Archived