Cowboys Round the world trip in single prop part 2

Well its day 2 of this epic around the world tour, and my wonderful wife offered to collect our daughter from nursery, which allowed me to make it a long one. 6.5 hrs in the end.

Nuernberg Airport all the way to Istanbul Ataturk Airport.

again the route for anyone whos intrested 

EDDN, IGL, GSB, KFT, LUK, LAK, KEB, KRV, NIS, VIT, ROZ, EKI, CEK, LIBA

A very intresting route which allowed me to have a good look at several countries covered by Orbx Base, Sadly as I needed good fuel economy I was up at 13000 so didn't get the best view of autogen, but hopefully you will agree there was some amazing sites, and some fantastically large towns.  Sofia especially being one of my favourites.  The flight wasn't without its problems, several VORs wouldn't work and I kinda stalled and crashed immediately after takeoff, when I was trying to diagnose a gear fault, and flew into trees.  ( Always fly the plane first, then diagnose when safe.  it was a popped CB in the end. )  Luckily due to the joys of simming, I could grab another aircraft as if it never happened. ;)

2017-7-7_9-13-44-225.jpg

2017-7-7_10-55-17-495.jpg

Nice ones Cowboy but remember the old adage, "Aviate, Navigate, Communicate..."

I'll have the entire catalog this fall, Divines willing.   If you didn't already know I'm a huge and unabashed Orbx fancy not afraid to admit it! :)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, well what’s it been pretty much a year since I updated this post. Damn sorry bout that well what happened.  I’m sure you can guess but my round the world trip crashed and burned shortly after this flight, when my PC hard drives developed a serious fault and BOTH failed at the same time. :O, what are the chances.  

So i ended up losing everything, and while it only took a few months to get the pc back up and running again, I just haven’t been able to face setting up P3D again on the pc, knowing how much tinkering and how long it took to get it to work and look how I wanted it to last time as the pc was pushing its limits. I tinkered with XP11 but I really struggled with the frame rates and couldn’t get above 20 and it just drove me nuts. Although I did buy and love Barton. 

Anyway to the reason for the post after such a silence. 

I ordered a new PC yesterday, custom specced to give me hopefully the best FPS I can expect in P3D with today’s technology, and obviously with a new pc, I figure it’s time to sit down, get back on the Comanche and reinstall P3D. 

Im just wondering if I restart this journey from scratch, back in Tattenhill or the last airport in Turkey, is there still an interest for me to post my journey and shots up here and continue to bore you guys or not? 

Let me know, if anyone’s still watching.  Should I continue this epic journey, start again and choose a completely different route?

Obviously Holland has been completely upgraded and south Germany has been released since the meltdown, so they will need exploring at some point.  

Archived