P3D V4 refuses to load after NA regions update

darem

Hi there,

FTX Central showed me updates to all NA regions today. I installed them. Now P3D V4 (latest hotfix applied) refuses to load beyon the scenery selection screen.

What happens is that the scenery loading bar doesn't appear at all, and after some seconds P3D crashes to desktop.

If I remove all Orbx entries from the scenery.cfg and just use other addons, P3D loads normally.

No idea what has caused this. Can you help?

Hello,

I added all the latest region updates to P3Dv4 and now it loads up exactly as it did before.

I would suggest that you disable all your addon scenery.

Then add the Orbx scenery back and see if the error is still there.

If it is, disable it all and add the areas back in one by one until the error returns.

At that point, some credible help might be possible but at present, there are too many possible

variables.

I didn't, and I am amazed that you think I did. But I'll explain in detail for you:

As I worked on the problem for hours before I wrote here (I tend to call for help AFTER I run out of ideas how to fix a problem myself), I prepared a couple of scenery.cfgs with parts of my addons included. So I had the following:

• all sceneries
  • all other sceneries than the Orbx ones
  • all other sceneries than the Orbx ones that updated today

Number 1 didn't work, the others did. 

That is what I reported.

Now I did the following (which I consider redundant, but as you asked me to do so, I did):

• Only Orbx scenery files
  • Only Orbx scenery files but the NA ones

As expected, Number 1 didn't work, number 2 did.

I will now uninstall all NA sceneries and reinstall them one by one. Something I hoped I could have avoided by hearing from support, but well... - if it has to be, it has to be.

I'll report back.

Not too much of a hazzle, really. It's only seven sceneries, no airports. It's P3D V4. NA SC is in and works.

My best bet is that something went wrong during the mass update. I'll be back with you after the reinstall.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue and so I deleted sceney.cfg and tried to reinstall Orbx product by product.:

After reinstall FTX Global Base Pack P3DV4 load but when you launch the scenario : P3D remain lock on 6% Loading terrain data (attachement)

If you install FTX Global openLC Europe : P3D is locked on Welcome Screen

Regards,

p3dv4.png

I'm having the exact same problem. Updated all NA regions and now P3D crashes after the scenerio selection window. I don't even get the load bar anymore. What can I do? I certainly don't want to reinstall everything!

Archived