Disaster recovery plan

Hello Nick

I thought I had posted my questions, but as the post did not shown up in the forum list I assumed I had made an error and tried again.

Even now I only see one entry and one reply from you and that forum post is locked to any further comment or help.

I am no further forward in getting an answer as to how I can reinstall from the zip file backups I have.

What am I doing wrong ?

Regards

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

You posted a topic here

It is not locked and I have replied.

Then you posted another topic, a copy and paste of the first one. I replied to this and referred you back to the first one.

That one is locked.

Now you appear to have posted this third topic after being politely reminded of the first.

Hello Nick

I better make an appointment with the optician. What I am seeing is This topic is now closed to further replies.

I will just have to hope that I never need to reinstall  otherwise it's a complete download all over again and I can bin the zip files as appear to be useless to me.

Please mark this whole conversation closed as I cannot make sense of what I am seeing vs what you are seeing.

Regards

Stephen

Since you apparently can see this topic, what follows is what your have posted so far,

with my reply.

Your first post in your first topic.

Hello

I have recently purchased Prepar3d v4 as my first SIM experience. This was followed by several ORBX products

that I installed using FTX Central v3.2.1.1.  All seems to be working well. In the event of a total PC system failure I also took the precaution of downloading

the purchased ORBX products manually ( zip files ) and have these stored together with FTXC v3 on an external drive.

Any recovery plan should always be tested before it's actually needed , so I took a fresh drive and installed the OS ( Win 7 64 Bit ) + updates, followed by

Prepar3D v4 and FTXC v3 . I then looked in vain within FTC v3 for the Not Installed Icon / installation options to use the manually downloaded zip files.

Where oh where is the Not Installed Icon in FTXC v3, my disaster recovery plan is useless if I cannot access / install from the saved zip files. All I can see is a basket icon this happens if I am logged into my account or logged out. Unless I can sort this out I would have to re-download everything all over again which is a complete waste of bandwidth both for me and ORBX.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards to all

Stephen

My reply to that first post.

Hello Stephen.

Perhaps your new hard drive and OS are being recognised as a second PC.

Is FTX Central working correctly in your first installation?

If so, you don't need a second one.

To make your test, you can rename the ORBX folder, mark all your products

as uninstalled in FTX Central and then install them all again, as often as you want.

You then started a new topic

Hello                                                

I have recently purchased Prepar3d v4 as my first SIM experience. This was followed by several ORBX products
that I installed using FTX Central v3.2.1.1.  All seems to be working well. In the event of a total PC system failure I also took the precaution of downloading
the purchased ORBX products manually ( zip files ) and have these stored together with FTXC v3 on an external drive.

Any recovery plan should always be tested before it's actually needed , so I took a fresh drive and installed the OS ( Win 7 64 Bit ) + updates, followed by
Prepar3D v4 and FTXC v3 . I then looked in vain within FTC v3 for the Not Installed Icon / installation options to use the manually downloaded zip files.

Where oh where is the Not Installed Icon in FTXC v3, my disaster recovery plan is useless if I cannot access / install from the saved zip files. All I can see is a basket icon this happens if I am logged into my account or logged out. Unless I can sort this out I would have to re-download everything all over again which is a complete waste of bandwidth both for me and ORBX.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards to all

Stephen

receipt number is 59569421880b7 +

and received a second reply

Hello,

did you forget that you had already posted this?

This one I locked, because it referred back to the first.

Now here we are in a third.

The line in blue writing are links to other topics that you can read if you click on them.

Hello Nick

I am absolutely not seeing the same conversations as you.

This suggestion is totally new to me

Perhaps your new hard drive and OS are being recognised as a second PC.

Is FTX Central working correctly in your first installation?

If so, you don't need a second one.

To make your test, you can rename the ORBX folder, mark all your products

as uninstalled in FTX Central and then install them all again, as often as you want.

I will try as you suggest.

Regards

Stephen

Please do try the suggestion.

Logic would suggest that at some point you could see the conversations, since you have started all three.

If you click on your own name, you will see your posting history, perhaps that will reveal them to you.

Archived