Unable to update Pacific Fjords

MotoDave

I purchased Pacific Fjords back when it was released.  I cross-graded and migrated all products from FSS successfully long ago, perhaps this particular product slipped under the radar.

Can't apply the latest update, it says I don't have a license for this product in my account.  All of my other products have updated correctly via Central at 7/2/2017.  

There was no migrate fss button anywhere on the account page that I could see.  

I have not started FSX in quite a long while.

Here are the error messages.

If you have not transferred your account yet, please go to orbx.com/account/migrate/fss. etc,etc.

The licenses in your FSS account have already been transferred.

Hello,

Looking at your FSS account using the order number in your avatar

and looking at your Orbx Direct account using your forum e mail,

Pacific Fjords is not in either of them.

If you used a different FSS account and you can find your FSS order number

for PFJ, I can reset your Orbx Direct account to receive another transfer.

Otherwise, you will need to take this up with the FSS.

My wife does all the purchasing, and apparently missed cross grading the USA Canada Pacific Fjords DVD.  She has promised to contact FSS to see if a cross grade is still available, but has the opinion that they no longer provide the service.  She will also research an electronic receipt should that have any impact.

Hello,

She is quite right, it is no longer possible to cross grade.

However, if you plan to only use it in FSX, you can still install from the DVD

and update it here.

We are assured that there will again be a "cross grade" system in Orbx Direct bit ti is not here yet.

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to monitor this.  

Pacific Fjords has been installed since original purchase.  Within FTX Central it shows Version 1.50 and directly below that it has a listing for installation options.  That could be read as 1.50 already installed, or 1.50 ready to download and install.  How does one verify version numbers within FTX Central?  

I downloaded 1.50 and installed over the top and it reports up to date. 

Thank you, this is resolved.

On 2-7-2017 at 6:38 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

She is quite right, it is no longer possible to cross grade.

and update it here.

Hi Nick,

I don't understand this statement from you...I am in the same situation. I have 4 boxed DVD regions in NA, no further Orbx stuff at the moment and have to wait until a DVD transfer to OrbxDirect is available, which is no problem. B.t.w. I know how to manually upgrade my installed Orbx sceneries and where to find the updates.

On the other hand I want to expand my Orbx sceneries into Europe with FTX Global Base, Vector, LC Europe, etc....

What has your statement to do with FSX? I am running FSX and have no intention to switch to P3D.

Do you mean that I don't have to transfer my DVD's to OrbxDirect?

Would you please be so kind to clarify this for me ?.

Regards Fred

Hello.

and update it here.

Says and means that an existing DVD product that has an installer for FSX will continue to install into and work in FSX.

The DVD updates are provided for DVD customers in the way that they are because at the moment there is no other way

for the owner of a DVD product to update the product.

When there is another way, it is possible that the present method of providing updates may be discontinued.

Or it may not, I don't know.

For now, there is no need for someone in your position to transfer a DVD licence to Orbx Direct, even if it was possible to do so.

Hi Nick,

Ah....wait a moment...things are getting clear to me.

It is that DVD updates for P3D users don't have their own installer, so they have to transfer their DVD's first to OrbxDirect and FSX users may transfer to Orbx when the transformation process is available...right?

Thus, in my situation it means that I can have a mixed collection of Orbx products, the NA regions installed by DVD and new EU products installed by FTXCV3, whereby only the new EU products are under control of FTXCV3...right?

Best regards,

Fred

Nick,

Can I run two FTX Central versions in parallel ? 

FTXCV2 for maintenance of my DVD NA products and FTXCV3 for products bought through OrbxDirect?

I am only running FSX.

Fred

Archived