Flooding textures around all ORBX Airports

Hi, I have just done new install of FSX on a new PC and have installed all my purchases to the new system. Every ORBX airport has flooding in various places sometimes around the airport sometimes within the airport. They disappear and reappear as you fly around the airports. I have tried Force Migration and Clear Temp within FTX Central, changed the terrain.cfg file to no avail. This happens in AU and PNW even on the ORBX freeware Airports. Any ideas to resolve this would be appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Richard, Thanks. Here is a shot at YPEC. I have replaced the terrain.cfg file a number of times but does not seem to make any difference. Seems to happen only around the installed airports. I'll do a couple more shots at other airports.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg,

Might be a GP issue, I will do some installs into FSX and get back to you mate. Apart from YPEC, please show the coordinates for these airports, ( three times Shift z) If you have the bandwidth, please uninstall YPEC, reinstall and post another shot:) I will be an hour, lunch time in Sydney:)

Hi Greg,

what version of FSX do you have installed? You need to have updated to at least SP2 (included with FSX Gold DVD and also Acceleration). If I remember correctly if the sim is below SP2-level then photoreal areas will partially display as water.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger. I think you are onto it. SP1 and SP2 were not installed. After installing these I now have a direct x issue which is not letting me start FSX. I have uninstalled SP2 and it works.  I'll see if I can get SP2 to work with Direct x 9. Thank you.

Archived