Gotta love the freeware airports addon !

Bendigoandy

;D

Please please  do not change any thing you guys at Orbx are doing .

The Freeware airport add on is so good I would of been happy to pay for good money for it, I have got just as much enjoyment out of it as I have with FTX, well almost ..I crashed my Cessna three times trying to land at Airey's Inlet, wow what a mongrel of airstrip. Six Freeware airports and counting, if anyone has a Bridgewater on Loddon(skydiving strip) I would be happy to pay for it.

Why? because I made many jumps from that dropzone !

PS :  I love FTX....just ask my wife.... keep up the great work !!

Thanks Bendigoandy

The Realair Scout and Aerosoft Beaver are great for Airey's Inlet.

Easiest with something that has big flaps and has side-slipping modelled.  The default 172 would be very difficult.  Seems to be an updraft there, too.

Congrats for finding it!

Yeah, I struggled to land the A22 Foxbat there... Ended up getting sick of doing circuits with the throttle at idle (thanks to the updraft) so I switched the engine off.  I still had 3 or 4 go-arounds.  I ended up having to forceably dive to the threshold... Needed a bit of finesse in the flare though, to stop it from ballooning, but I got it down...

I don't have the scout or the beaver, but I find the LIC Christen Eagle has good sideslip capability, Maybe that could land there.  No flaps though, but it normally lands pretty short...

I might try porting over the LIC Decathalon and see how that goes...

Hi love all the work you guys have done, I don't want to sound like a nagging kid but I would love to see one of these developers create Tyabb (YTYA) and tooradin (YTDN) soully cause I train out of Tyabb, I know it sounds pretty selfish but if there is any other simmers that fly down this neck of the woods they could confirm that we've had a pretty rough run as far as scenery or airport construction is concerned, just my wish anyway, love your work. CHEERS

Hi All,

I have just detected a little, but fine detail at the freeware airfields. I was searching for Mt. King William III airfield in Tasmania. It took me some time, but I managed to find it. When exploring the small airfield I noticed a “moving†windsock. It was the first time, I paid attention to a obviously “non static† windsock. I checked present wind direction and noticed that the position of the windsock corresponds to the wind direction. Curious, what may happen, I changed wind direction in FS and  the windsock changed its position according to the new wind direction. This made me laughing. Congratulations to this great scenery.

Easter Greetings from Austria   

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Yes, the windsocks all work - glad you like them.  In Australia, windsocks are usually white or yellow, though... so I have changed to white and this fix will hopefully be available in the first Freeware patch.

and falknis!

They are in HiRes areas which is good news.  I'd like to add them as a nice little diversion from Geelong.  Have to see how it goes.  I should be working on my SEQ strips but am waiting for the Gold area to mature a little.

Archived