Aerofly FS2 - LOWI - night time - no lighting of static aircraft

Congratulations to JV and crew for the beauty and VR speed of LOWI when using Aerofly FS2. Incredibly realistic - I'm there! Also, the light strings at night are the first showing for Aerofly of a realistic city scene at night - the only effort before was New York City but it simply had night building textures and a very limited number of light strings for the bridges. 

The only issue I have is that there is no lighting of the static aircraft at LOWI at night - no tail logos or aircraft with some sort of lighting enabled. Also the hangar lighting isn't causing the aircraft to "glow" at all. Also, the two Cessnas are bright white. I hope this can be somewhat improved with time.

Thanks much for supporting the best VR flight sim in existence. The collaboration between ORBX and Aerofly will serve us well!

Dave

LOWI_night.jpg

G'day Dave,

You are correct in what are seeing. At the moment, there is no ability for us to cast light shadows on the ground (both on aprons or in general city areas); the lit statics/GSE looked very odd with a black unlit ground so I disabled them until we can implement this feature in AFS2. Those two C172s you see are a fault we picked up late in testing, these will be fixed in a service pack. The IPACS team are working very hard to implement new features in the sim, so I'm sure this will be something that we'll be able to introduce at a later date.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks much for the quick response, Jarrad. Is there any chance you could simply have a few tail logos lit? Congratulations on the port of your fabulous LOWI from FSX/P3D to FS2! I hope the process isn't too difficult so we can expect more high quality sceneries in the future. The various IPACS and Steam forums for FS2 are giving you "glowing reports" - very favorable. Everyone is enjoying the trains - hoping that a couple of cars could be animated sometime. I am hoping that we users can get access to the animation SDK - I would like to add an A320 that just pushes back, taxis, takes off, returns and lands, etc - even before IPACS adds AI, just so we have something else in the sky. Thanks again for your wonderful expertise and talent!

Dave

22 hours ago, whitav8 said:

Everyone is enjoying the trains - hoping that a couple of cars could be animated sometime.

I am hoping that we users can get access to the animation SDK - I would like to add an A320 that just pushes back, taxis, takes off, returns and lands, etc - even before IPACS adds AI, just so we have something else in the sky. Thanks again for your wonderful expertise and talent!

Dave

Now wouldn't that be a leap forward. Go Dave, Go.

Regards,

Ray

Archived