abro92

I recently purchased Orbx SoCal and downloaded/installed through FTX Central. After installing I then installed the libraries. Going into FSX and looking in the scenery libraries tab within the settings I saw that they had indeed installed. I then loaded a flight at Las Vegas and noticed that it really looked like the scenery had not installed as I did not notice any change. I then loaded a flight at San Diego and noticed the same thing although random square water textures were loading where there is supposed to be land. I then uninstalled through FTX Central and tried re-installing however I get the error message in the image below. I tried "clear temp" and still the same thing. I tried the manual download and get the same issue. My two issues here are:

1. I installed it and it showed within the FSX scenery library although clearly did not install.

2. How do i get it to even re-download. 

I appreciate the help in advance! 

orbx error.jpg

Hi James, welcome to the forums,

To get it to reinstall you will need to first.

Click on the blue uninstall button.

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings.

Then go to your FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_NA_SCA.txt" file, this will tell FTX Central 3 that is no longer installed and allow you to reinstall.

Before you attempt a reinstall, ensure that your UAC is turned off, and no other programs are running, the error you show above is because Microsoft Edge PDF reader is open and not allowing the Orbx .pdf file to install.

Then after you have installed  SoCal apply the below procedure.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Cheers

Doug

Archived