Pine forest becomes scrub since Scotland v1.4

Mike R

I have an almost identical issue to that detailed in this thread....

As it is tagged as 'resolved' I thought it best to start a new thread on this as yet I can't resolve this. I am running FSX Acceleration and have tried re-installing EU Scotland and re-migrating the files. Everything indicates OK in central for EU SCO and the latest Libs, also in the Migration errors tool with all up to date and no files missing. There seem to be a few people suffering similar issues since this update. Some seem to have solved this but at present I'm stuck!

Mike.

P.S. I haven't included any screenshots as the previous thread has lots which I'd only be repeating.

I apologise for double posting but it appears there may be a solution for this. As The other thread is marked 'resolved' I was afraid my other post wouldn't be answered so have copied and pasted it here for the attention of who it may concern...

ID: 19   Posted 2 minutes ago · 

Hi Glenn.

Sorry to chip in on your thread but as you seem to have a similar problem to myself and have resolved it could I ask.

1. I used the uninstall then the install options in 'Central' it seems you didn't?

2. Which .TXT file did you delete?

3. The 'App data directories' referred to above. Where can they be found?

Sorry to be a pain but, as you seem to have a resolve on this I just wondered what had been the difference between what you did and what I've done that made the difference?

Thanks.

Mike.

The method to complete the above can be found in the 'Scottish deserts thread'. Unfortunately it didn't work for me so I'm still trying to get rid of the v1.4 coniferous forest to scrubland enigma.

Mike

Hi,
You have to provide more information and screenshots about your install. Something is wrong into Windows registry if you did several install and reinstall

Hi Richard

I use FSX Gold installed from DVD. My OS is Windows 7 Pro.

I have FTX Scotland, England, Northern Ireland, and Global installed plus some UK FTX airfield products.

I have no third party mesh or Landclass products installed

Up until Scotland V1.4 I had no problems whatsoever.

I quoted the thread by Crosherg 'Scotland EU V1.4 landclass errors' as his problems with landclass are very very similar to mine.  The errors that brought it to my attention were the substitution of an arid scrub with deciduous trees has been substituted for coniferous forest areas widely over NE Scotland. Crosherg has some identical screen shots in his thread and specifically mentions a large area on the coast of Fife close to Leuchars AB (EGQL).

zeQKiiB.jpg

Above is my first view of this area. You can see the threshold of Leuchars runway 27 in the shot.

CSVUg9L.jpg

The aircraft view, from the same location but looking N towards the Firth of Tay. Crosherg also has a very comprehensive shot of this headland from very high altitude.

The Crosherg thread mentions incorrect rural textures being overlaid on the Southern area of urban Aberdeen and the substitution of the arid scrub for coniferous forest in the Kirkhill Forest area just WNW of Aberdeen airport (EGPD).

Here are my images of, firstly, the Urban area of Aberdeen which has become rural.

zjvFvjo.jpg

And secondly, Kirkhill forest.

Jgp8yZw.jpg

I have tried this method of re-installing EU SCO which worked successfully for Clorgaa....

Hi Mike

First thing I did was to delete Scotland using FTX Central by clicking on Scotland in the Europe section and selecting Uninstall and this removed the folders from the FSX\Orbx\FTX_EU folder. Next in C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\ delete the Orbx folder and in C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Temp delete the Orbx folder there. Next I downloaded and installed FTX Central and ran it. Make sure you have not got Only show products I have installed checked in settings and that when you run it  shows version 3.2.0.3. Go to Europe and Scotland will show as not installed. Click on it and run install this will download all the files again. Finally run the migration tool in FTX Central settings and hopefully all will be well.

I am getting an indication that the migration following this was totally successful and the troubleshooter shows all files migrated successfully. I'll just add that I actually have the very latest Centralv3 which was installed yesterday.( V 3.2.1.1)

Mike

You didn't tell where is installed your FSX. If it's into the default location, you may have some restriction of change done by FTX Central

Just to confirm that I have done this some while ago and certainly before this problem occured. Obviously something gets changed with V1.4 for some people. Unfortunately, so far, uninstalling then re-installing hasn't remedied this for me. Oh for the happy days of the previous version!

Mike.

Well. Tried another very precise uninstall/re-install and still no joy with solving this. As others have done so, I wonder if anyone who has solved this issue has any suggestions as to what is being left behind, or installed, that could cause this?

Mike.

10 minutes ago, Mike R said:

Well. Tried another very precise uninstall/re-install and still no joy with solving this. As others have done so, I wonder if anyone who has solved this issue has any suggestions as to what is being left behind, or installed, that could cause this?

Mike.

Sorry but you keep using obsolete installers. You have to migrate your FSS product to ORBX Direct to have latest ones to have it working properly

Richard....I'm not! I migrated all my products last year and they show with their licence codes in my Orbx direct account. I also have the latest version of Central v3 into which I'm logged in and am conducted the uninstalls and then downloading v1.4 and re-installing. Central has been advising me of appropriate updates and I've been using completely succesfully until Scotland v1.4

I really don't understand why this point keeps coming up. What info do you have that I'm missing?

Mike

3 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

This is for investigation as SCO is not natively migrated

Richard. I have absolutely no idea what the above means. Hopefully, that someone is investigating my problem with Scotland v1.4 and that we're past the FSS/ORBX direct issue you posted on earlier?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I see a patch has been released that may resolve this issue. Unfortunately I'm currently away from my PC so can't install it. I will be back on the 19th July and will post the result of the patch install then for anyone who may be monitoring this thread.

thanks.

Mike

Just returned home and installed SCO 1.41 then the latest Libs. Problem solved! Forested areas are again forested and the strange 'agricultural area' where urban Aberdeen should be has gone to be replaced by built up area. Please mark resolved guys.

Thanks.

Mike.

• Guest locked this topic

Archived