Scottish deserts

clorgaa

Thanks for the sale I have now installed the British Isles but not all is well. My first flight over Scotland showed some desert textures in unusual places see these images

http://imgur.com/GCHKmpZ

http://imgur.com/n1UNQlk

http://imgur.com/aKADJQH

http://imgur.com/C9OEKIV

I have re-migrated and done the terrain.cfg restore but these anomalies still occur. There is also a problem with Wales particularly with refineries see these

http://imgur.com/51q1y8I

I am not expecting accuracy but these problems do take away from the enjoyment of flying somewhat

Any help will be appreciated

Glenn

Sorry but ORBXlibs are up to date and my migration troubleshooter shows all files migrated correctly so it is not that. Also because I use FTX central and run it regularly I can see that it says everything is installed and up to date

You have to provide more information about your sim and any third party used. Something is wrong and make your terrain.cfg faulty even if the migration is fine

OK Richard all I have is FSX and ORBX England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Island and some ORBX UK airports. I have no other sw for the sim. Anything else you want to know? If you let me know I will see if I can supply it

Thanks

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Is Fsx in a fresh state? Have you had any other Landclass software installed in these regions before? To me, it does appear to be texture Morphing but you have tried the Terrain cfg. ? Could you please take another swipe at it? It will not hurt!

Gentlemen.

I did wonder if this thread might be relevent here

If so, it may help if it were known how it was solved, as it is down as 'resolved'.

Mike

P.S. I'm suffering from a very similar issue but would describe it as 'scrub substituted for forest', rather than desert.

First thanks for the help offered unfortunately after reinstalling Scotland and refreshing the terrain.cfg, 3 times, including downloading the file from this forum, and doing the re-migration the problem still exists.

http://imgur.com/a/fH4Wb]

Richard; I only have Wales, England, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland with ORBX libs (current relaease) ORBX Trees, Cardiff, Welshpool and Sunburgh airports and no other ORBX sw There is a slight problem with Wales as shown in my original post.

Cheers

Glenn

Which version of FSX do you have? Was it previously installed into another location ? FTX is certainly doing the job right but in the wrong place

Hi Richard

I have got the Gold Edition dvd with the Acceleration Pack. It is installed on a SSD drive of its own. I moved it a about a year ago from a hd and am sure I followed some posted instructions regarding the re-install and at that time did not have Scotland, Ireland, England or Northern Ireland as I only purchased them in the last sale. Also FTX Central 3 has been installed since the move of FSX

Hope this helps

Cheers

Glenn

Hi,

Your FTX install seems keeping using the former path after your move of drive.

Please delete the 2 directories below:

- C:\Users\{votre compte}\AppData\Local\Orbx

- C:\Users\{votre compte}\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

Then Reinstall FTX Central, check install is up to date and Force migration again

21 hours ago, clorgaa said:

I have deleted SCO already but I only deleted the .txt file and allowed FTX Central to reinstall. Should I delete all the files and start again?

Cheers

Glenn

That should be enough but the 2 AppData directories too to be sure

Thanks Richard that has cured the issue. I wonder what went wrong originally but now its back to flying just needed to reinstall SCO and FTX Central should have done that at first would have saved a lot of time but I thought it was an issue with SCO.

This can now be marked as resolved

Cheers

Glenn

Hi Glenn.

Sorry to chip in on your thread but as you seem to have a similar problem to myself and have resolved it could I ask.

1. I used the uninstall then the install options in 'Central' it seems you didn't?

2. Which .TXT file did you delete?

3. The 'App data directories' referred to above. Where can they be found?

Sorry to be a pain but, as you seem to have a resolve on this I just wondered what had been the difference between what you did and what I've done that made the difference?

Thanks.

Mike.

Hi Mike

First thing I did was to delete Scotland using FTX Central by clicking on Scotland in the Europe section and selecting Uninstall and this removed the folders from the FSX\Orbx\FTX_EU folder. Next in C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\ delete the Orbx folder and in C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Temp delete the Orbx folder there. Next I downloaded and installed FTX Central and ran it. Make sure you have not got Only show products I have installed checked in settings and that when you run it  shows version 3.2.0.3. Go to Europe and Scotland will show as not installed. Click on it and run install this will download all the files again. Finally run the migration tool in FTX Central settings and hopefully all will be well

Hope this works for you

Glenn

Hi Glenn.

I'm afraid it didn't work for me. There's something strange here but I'm at a loss as to what it is! Thanks for your time with the previous reply. It was much appreciated.

all the best.

Mike

Archived