Product lists both free and purchased

Pepperman

To whoever can clarify this for me. I was wondering why the products that I have purchased and can see as vivid colour and not greyed out in the FTXCentral window….those products, the number of them, lets say 52 of them, that number does not match the number of items in the online list that has the word info beside each product. Should not those two lists match in the number of products? Why are there 2 lists? That online list for me has 33 items in the list as opposed to 52 in the FTXCentral window. Could it be that one includes free OrbX products (52) but the other is only purchased ones (33)? Even that does not make sense since there are over 24 free airports that I believe I downloaded not including 2 Holgermeshes and 2 Demos or the 2 Airport packs.

Can anyone help me with that? How do I know I have all the free ones installed.

I have to check this over again.

Thanks

Peter.

It would probably help whomever can answer this for you if you state what sim you're looking at in FTXCentral. One could assume you're not talking about what you can see if you're looking at what's in a P3Dv4 list compared to FSX, but you know what people say about assumptions...

I am on FSX. I think that the product list in my account under Orbx where it says Orbx Account manage your Orbx products here, are all purchased products. I don't think any of the freeware products or the demos are in that list as opposed to the FTXCentral window that shows all products both free downloaded and purchased.

I'm assuming that I am correct...just want someone to verify that my assumption is right.

Thanks.

Looking at my FSX listing in FTX Central 3.2.0.3, paid and freeware ones such as Saanen, Barth and Rugen are all present. None are "greyed out." Under the Settings tab (lower left) and then in General, do you have all three boxes checked, or just the top and bottom? See if there's a difference by checking that middle box.

The list in the Orbx Account page has none of the freeware airports or sceneries. This seems logical, since they weren't paid for. Of the two locations, I definitely prefer managing things with FTX Central.

Hope this helps.

The big holdup is the missing files need a new DLL that controls the Flow portions of the scenery.

That code is so ingrained into the scenery that it will not work without it.  

They are working hard to finish the new DLL's and will release the scenery as fast as they can.

32 bit DLL's will not work on a 64 bit system so they all need to be replaced.

It will happen, all that is required on our part is patience.

I haven't tried it yet but I have read that scenery files without DLL or EXE extensions in their code should work.  I haven't tried it because I feel that it is best to wait for certified V4 addons.   That way I won't have to go back and correct the errors that I created by being impatient.

Dale

Archived