any need to keep dvd installation disks?

shermank

Sherm, FTX Central is then best way to install and keep your Orbx products up to date.

If your DVD products are listed in your Orbx Direct account, I don't think there is any need to keep them, though I still have mine.

In the upper right corner of the Orbx home page, log in and click on "account".  It will list all the products that Orbx knows you have.

If your Orbx boxed DVD product is NOT listed there, definitely keep your DVD for now.  

I know that Orbx is working on a process to allow DVD owners who did not previously take advantage of the "cross grade" DVD to digital version conversion, which FSS did quite a while ago, to add those products to their accounts.  I don't know what the current status of that is.

13 hours ago, RHaas said:

to tell the truth, I still have the W95 and W98 install disks. I also have a very old Word Perfect Suite, several FS manuals, including FS4, Charles Gulick's s great series of books on where to fly in FS and Microsoft MS-DOS Users Guide copyright 1991. I guess I am just a computer pack rat.....:-)

PS... The ORBX DVD'S were tossed into the waste basket this morning....not sure I want to lose the other stuff....too much of my past...:-)

Sherm

3 hours ago, shermank said:

to tell the truth, I still have the W95 and W98 install disks. I also have a very old Word Perfect Suite, several FS manuals, including FS4, Charles Gulick's s great series of books on where to fly in FS and Microsoft MS-DOS Users Guide copyright 1991. I guess I am just a computer pack rat.....:-)

PS... The ORBX DVD'S were tossed into the waste basket this morning....not sure I want to lose the other stuff....too much of my past...:-)

Sherm

I hang on to stuff to for decades but I realize most of it I will never, look at or use again or have a need for. Its hard but sometimes a good purge once in a while is good.

11 hours ago, RHaas said:

I hang on to stuff to for decades....

I still have the original 3.5 inch floppy disks for old games like the entire Star Wars X-Wing and Tie Fighter series, Comanche, Aces Over Europe....

Norton Anti-Virus for Windows 95 anyone? :)   I can't remember when I last had a computer with a 3.5 drive!

I've even got the boxes for a bunch of games.  The IL-2 series, Lock On. Falcon 4.0, the Jane's series (F-15, USAF, IAF,...),  Flight Sim 2002, FSX, Microsoft Combat Flight Sim series....  Even FPS games like the original Call of Duty.  I liked the box art so I've kept them.

Archived