latest Scotland update..no castles

teecee

I understand that Richard Bui's castles were included in the last update, but I see none of them. I see the mound at Dumbarton, but no castle, and nothing at the other POI'S. Am I missing something? a library addon or such. Teecee.

Hi Teecee,
You have to check if nothing is overlayering FTX Scotland into your Scenery Library. Also be sure the Insertion point set the region at higher priority than other entries

Sorry Richard, I do not understand what you mean..I do not mess with the Orbx layering as I have messed up my system in the past.. could you give me a step by step for doing what you suggest? Thank you.. Teecee.

Sorry Richard, I do not understand what you mean..I do not mess with the Orbx layering as I have messed up my system in the past.. could you give me a step by step for doing what you suggest? Thank you.. Teecee.

Can you please post a screenshot of the centre of Glasgow?

Not allowed to post images except via Imgur.. I did that in the previous post and you cannot access. much as I love castles, (I have visited many of them) I will forgo them, as posting screenshots on this forum is beyond me. Thanks for your time Richard..Teecee.

Edit. it's probably my system.. I have had problems with it for the past couple of days.

Thanks Richard, but I do not see that, And none of the castles appear..I have removed and reinstalled the Scotland update a couple of time and still see nothing.. I believe this is a problem within my system, though I have no idea why.

Although I am ready to give up on this, I will ask you one more thing, as I would dearly love to see the castles. Can you give me a list of the files in your castle addon, and I can look for them in my Sim? Alternatively you can email the list to me at terry9511@bellsouth.net. Thanks again.. Terry.

Terry, if you want to make it clean, I suggest the workflow below:

1/ Uninstall your FSX (or P3D)

2/ Delete the remain FSX directory

3/ Delete  the ORBX directory C:\Users\{votre compte}\AppData\Local\Orbx
4/ Delete the ORBX temp directory C:\Users\{votre compte}\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

5/ Install FSX

6/ Launch FSX once

7/ Install FTX Central V3

8/ Install ORBXlibs by FTX Central

9/ Install FTX SCO 1.40 by FTX Central

10/ Force migration into Settings from FRX Central

Come on Richard.. it takes a week to ten days of solid work to do a reinstall and I only did one a few weeks ago.. Much as I want to see your castles, I can not do as you ask.. can you not at least email me a list of the castle files please?.. Teecee.

• 1 year later...
On 5/28/2017 at 6:57 PM, teecee said:

I understand that Richard Bui's castles were included in the last update, but I see none of them. I see the mound at Dumbarton, but no castle, and nothing at the other POI'S. Am I missing something? a library addon or such. Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

I could be wrong here but my understanding was that Dumbarton Castle was added to the TE GB North release (following my request on JV's suggestion post) however, I don't remember ever seeing this having been added to FTX Scotland.  

As I say, I could be wrong - but that is my understanding.  Perhaps one of the dev's could advise in relation to this?

Dumbarton Castle is literally 2 minutes from my house so I have been sounding the 'Dumbarton Castle Horn' to Orbx for some time now and thankfully it was added to TE North.  Along with a few of my other suggestions including Cameron House on Loch Lomond.

Hope this helps Sir!  Cheers,

Calum

Archived