Scandinavia

John York

In the meantime, there's already nice scenery for Sweden and Denmark.  Check out FSX free scenery (google it).  You'll find it and more for other countries in the area that will complement FTX.

Thanks Geezer.  I've downloaded Sweden hoping it will work with P3D.  Most other FSX sceneries are no problem.  However, I couldn't find Denmark except in bits.  I would like to start with the whole Country at least and then, if necessary, add airports.

Ah well.  Looking forward to seeing what I've got now looks like.

John

The link to the Denmark full country scenery in Nick's link is 1.4.  I have never been able to find the two necessary files for that version.  You might want to try Flightsim and Avsim for ver 1.3 or 1.2.  Iirc, 1.2 was the latest for which I could find both files but you might find a later version.  Two file downloads are required for the full Denmark VFR scenery.

Yes, well, I've just spent all day trying to unravel Sweden.  I've put the stuff they suggested in the relevant P3D files and altered the cfg.  Actually it just adds to it so it'll be easy to get rid of if that becomes necessary although som of those in the effects files etc may take a bit of finding.

I've made the main folder an AIO so that would be really easy to dispense with.

But that's looking on the black side.  I must say it seems to be working alright without the UTX and Free Mesh X they say should be used..

I used to have UTX but it made a hell of a mess with ghosting images around the coast of Horizon scenery and I don't want the mesh because I have FTX Global.

I've also placed it below FTX instead of on top so we'll see what happens when I fly from Norway into Sweden.

As for Denmark.  I've downloaded it and I'm hoping I don't have to devote the same amount of time to that as I did this one!

I'll report back.

John 

I also would like to know when we can expect the rest of Scandinavia. I only use finished areas and I only want the same style of scenery in one specific area. I've got Norway, but the transition all around is so obvious that I'm waiting for the rest to finally be able to use it, so when can we expect the rest to be released?

And will this be available for everyone or is this also only for customers with a high income, like everything that is in the store, at this moment?

Hello,

It takes a very long time to prepare a region and as far as I am aware,

there is no further development taking place for Scandinavia at the moment.

I have no idea why you would make such a remark while a sale is on.

Unless it was a joke.:mellow:

1 hour ago, JohnY said:

Yes, well, I've just spent all day trying to unravel Sweden.  I've put the stuff they suggested in the relevant P3D files and altered the cfg.  Actually it just adds to it so it'll be easy to get rid of if that becomes necessary although som of those in the effects files etc may take a bit of finding.

I've made the main folder an AIO so that would be really easy to dispense with.

But that's looking on the black side.  I must say it seems to be working alright without the UTX and Free Mesh X they say should be used..

I used to have UTX but it made a hell of a mess with ghosting images around the coast of Horizon scenery and I don't want the mesh because I have FTX Global.

I've also placed it below FTX instead of on top so we'll see what happens when I fly from Norway into Sweden.

As for Denmark.  I've downloaded it and I'm hoping I don't have to devote the same amount of time to that as I did this one!

I'll report back.

John 

Hi John. Dont know where you got it from but on RbDesign theres a couple of updates that expand it. Although just in my opinion theres a landclass file called Lc_5210_Test.bgl which isnt good enough for the Stockholm area so I added .off at the end of that. Stockholm is my hometown. 

2 hours ago, Demious said:

I also would like to know when we can expect the rest of Scandinavia. I only use finished areas and I only want the same style of scenery in one specific area. I've got Norway, but the transition all around is so obvious that I'm waiting for the rest to finally be able to use it, so when can we expect the rest to be released?

And will this be available for everyone or is this also only for customers with a high income, like everything that is in the store, at this moment?

I consider OpenLC to be finished areas that are good enough to meld with regions.  Other opinions on this might vary.

Thanks Timo.  I must say I'm very impressed with the Sweden freeware.  I've just flown from Oslo to Gothenburg and couldn't see the join with FTX when crossing the border.

However, the Denmark scenery  Nick recommended simply won't load into my W10 P3Dv3.4.  What's worse is I can't find any either payware or freeware!  Perhaps Nick could put in a good word and persuade the Orbx developers to do it?:unsure:  It is only a small Country.;)

John

Hi together,

take a look on what Vidan Design has done for Denmark. Their sceneries are really very impressing! Denmark really isn't the kind of landscape that would have impressed me first, but the combination of Vidan Design airfields and ORBX OpenLC EU makes it a very desirable area to fly in. I couldn't say I would really miss a full fat region there. It's really beautiful as it is now.

Cheers, Dominik

Thanks for the suggestion Dominik.  I already had a look but they haven't actually brought it up to handle W10 or P3D.

John

Archived