Problem with Dubrovnik

normandean

I have just purchased Dubrovnik and have a graphic problem. The scenery shows up well, but the area around there is a problem with textures, as per the screenshots. This is from P3D v3.4, but I have also installed the scenery in FSX-SE with the same result. I have tried uninstalling Global LC and reinstalling it, uninstalled Vector then reinstalled it and also LDDU, but it makes no difference. If LDDU is installed I get the problem but uninstalling it the problem goes away. Anyone any suggestions?

lddu1.JPG

lddu2.JPG

Hi Norman

Please apply the below procedure,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)
Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.
Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.
Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".
Then run the "Force Migration" option.
Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug, have now used the migration tool, but no improvement. Have uninstalled then reinstalled Dubrovnik, allowed Central to position it in the scenery library, then manually placed it in various locations in the library all with no improvement. If I uninstall Dubrovnik then the problem goes away. Its peculiar that this is happening with this product in both FSX-SE and P3D v3.4, especially as I do not have any other add-ons in the area; the textures of the surrounding area (FTX Global LC) are not loading correctly. In the sim you see textures coming in and then going out when either moving the aircraft or scanning the view. This is not happening with the many other ORBX products that I have so I have to conclude that it is something to do with Dubrovnik, but I am at a loss to say what.

Hi Doug, thank you for your further input. IO have worked through Holgar's fix and still no resolution. I do have a copy of my Terrain.cfg backed up that I keep in case of emergencies and I have also tried copying that file to the sim, but it made no difference. I am still in the situation that I have no problem at Dubrovnik with the addon uninstalled, but loss of textures when LDDU is installed again.

I think I will wait to try again in P3D v4.

Norman

Hi Norman,

I can't say I have much more to add to Doug's advice, if all else fails, you can try going into the P3D/Orbx/FTX_EU/FTX_AA_LDDU/Scenery folder, and renaming LC_5216.bgl to LC_5216.bgl.OFF. Looks like the custom landclass I placed with the addon isn't playing nicely with your installation.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with Dubrovnik scenery (textures are black, or extremely blurring for all the scenery surrounding the Airport, otherwise runway and terminal look good but there is still some vehicules floating in the air....). 

I'm not an engineer and I don't have your ability to check that kind of parameters!!! Its extremely disappointed to struggle so much for not having something working properly, regarding the cost of your product!!

BTW everything is up to date.

Archived