Missing Lake in FTX Global openLC NA

Hello.  Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have noticed a missing Ontario, Canada lake in the openLC NA.  The lake is an important one for simmers who fly float-equipped aircraft, as it is home to one of Canada's oldest and best training bases for those RW pilots who want to learn to fly floats in the summer and skis in the winter in central Canada.  Kind of like the Jack Brown's of Canada.  The base is CNC5, Sudbury/Azilda Seaplane Base, and the lake is Whitewater Lake.  The info is on Skyvector as CNC5.  Would it be possible for future OpenLC NA updates to have this lake added to make the scenery more realistic?  Also this base might be a good one for future scenery development for Eastern NA simmers who want to try float and ski flying.  Orbx Parry Sound is about 90 miles south of CNC5, and the two are quite complimentary.  Hope this helps,

Mike Hamilton

CNC5 - Sudbury_Azilda Seaplane Base _ SkyVector.pdf

Hello Mike,

Thanks for reporting this.

Lakes are placed by FTX Vector, so I will move this to the Vector forum for you.

However, I have been to the location you provide and......

Coordinates: N46°32.00' / W81°8.00 Elevation is 869 feet MSL.  Magnetic Variation is 10° West   Time Zone is UTC­5(4).

2017-5-24_12-14-35-74.jpg

you might wish to check that you have the latest version of Vector, 1.51.

You can read about it here, please note that if you do need to install it, you may experience an error in the AEC

auto configutation.

If so, the answer is here

It occurs to me also that as CNC5 is not a default location, you may have added some other scenery which

is causing the lake to disappear.

Thanks Nick.  You have the right location.  It may be that I did not install Global Vector although I do own it.  I found it to be quite a memory hog so did not install it when resetting up my system after a crash.  I will try this and see if this solves it.  I dont have other scenery installed in this area, so it woudlnt be that.  Thanks for your help.

Mike 

Archived