The first 5 freeware airports I found

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

WARNING: One of these screenies is taken outside the FTX area! Prepare to be SHOCKED!!!

Ceres, Geelong (at the top left, that arched line). I knew what it looked like, otherwise I might have overlooked it.

Posted Image

Gabo Island (wans't that hard to spot.. ;) ).

Posted Image

Penfield, Sunbury. I discovered this one a second before I took the picture! I just didn't see it any sooner... I focused on that racing track and suddenly noticed the airfield behind it.

Posted Image

Nullarbor Motelm, outside the FTX area! Wonder why this one was added... Was obviously very easy to spot...

Posted Image

Porepunkhah. This was a beautiful flight!

Posted Image

All five were found using the GPS for guidance. But even then you really have to look well!

Guest J van E

Found Healesville, in the morning. Loving those lights in the distance and the haze...

Posted Image

BTW To get to Jericho I have to start at YLAG. But FSX doesn't know that one...

I also noticed that in order to get to Healesville (YHSV) I have to start at YLIL. No problem there. And in order to get to YLIL... I have to start at YMEN...? While I can also simply select YLIL in FSX...? Trying to trick us into more work, guys...? ;D

Order FSS0003119

J v E - super shots! How on earth do you get that wonderful green landscape?  An add-on, perhaps? My Ceres  - lost the shot - has a straw coloured surface, and in general my land is much more parched than yours  Obviously I could use some advice ...

Guest J van E

LOL!!! Yes, I DO have an addon: it's called FTX! LOL This is really funny. ;)

BTW To change to winter, click on WINTER in the Season-section!!! Do not click on december, thinking THAT is winter...!!! It's not down there. ;) Winter in Australia is July, August and September. ;) You can of course also select those months.

Cool I found Kyneton About one hour after i downloaded the airports add on I used google earth and GPS  co-ords from Bendigo.

PS : Flying around Lylidale the oher day I seen some hot air balloons floating around , it great to see these little extra features "floating about".

Archived