FTX Central Download over DVD Version

SubOne

Hi,

Are there any problems with installing a product via FTX Central over a DVD version of the same product?

I have, for example, FTX AU, FTX NZNI and FTX NZSI on DVD (not from FSS but another FS software retailer) and FTX Central and Orbx Direct do not recognise them unlike my other original FSS Orbx products that were successfully migrated over when FTX Central came into being.

Can I purchase FTX AU (and other) through FTX Direct - taking advantage of the great sale - and then install directly over the top of the currently installed version, or should I uninstall the current version first.

I'm just trying to do some housekeeping with my Orbx products and making it "easier" to manage updates etc as they come out through FTX Central.

Yes I am aware of the manual process of updating a DVD product, but will that in the end make FTX Central/FTX Direct recognise that I own a legitimate Orbx product.

Thanks in advance...

Hello,

I can see no gain for you to buy FTX AU again, the most recent version is 4.10

and if you have applied the updates from this page, what you have is exactly the same.

If you choose to buy again, you will gain a digital licence but at a much greater cost than

if you wait for the DVD to digital transfer.

Yes, I know it has become a very long wait but you have lost nothing.

Archived