Landing at Saanen

AviatorMan

This is a great airport, and so glad that ORBX included other nearby airports, particularly LSTS  and LSTZ. The three airports are in connected valleys, and quiet easy to fly from one to the other. However, I have had some difficulty in approaching and landing at LSGK in the Duke B60. The most straightforward approaches appear to be (1) from Lake Geneva heading east, over the mountain range at the edge of the lake and into a valley that leads to the airport, and a fairly easy approach into runway 08; and (2) approaching from the north into the valley that leads to LSTZ, where you turn west into the valley that leads to a fairly easy approach into LSGK runway 26. However, I have watched a number of youtube videos of aircraft that land into runway 26 by flying east over the airport and nearly immediately making a 180 turn and back into runway 26. And doing a similar approach for landing into runway 08. I watched a video of a Dassault Falcon jet executing this approach into runway 08.  However, I have not been able to readily replicate this 180 degree turn back into the airport, as the valley on either side of the airport is too narrow. Just wondering if any sim flyers into the ORBX airport have any advice. I don't have approach charts for the airport, but am using an ICAO 1:500,000 vfr chart.

Archived