Las Vegas buildings missing from Southern California

SOAR

Hi, I just bought and installed Southern California.  Sadly the Las Vegas buildings on the Strip are missing.  They are present in the photo in the User Guide so I don't understand why they are not there. The buildings and structures which were present in the default FSX scenery are also missing (e.g. mini Eiffel Tower).  Instead of the buildings and structures found on the Strip in Las Vegas there are some generic autogen buildings now.  Please help me get the proper buildings and structures on the Strip.  Thank you.

Please see the two images I have attached.  The first one shows the Strip of Las Vegas empty of its hotels and other structures when Southern California is installed.  The second one is the FSX default scenery of the Strip with hotels and other structures.  The FTX should be better than the default but it is worse!  Please help.  Thank you.

FSX Las Vegas Orbx Southern California Scenery.jpg

FSX Las Vegas Default Scenery.jpg

Hello,

This is a replica of your screen shot,FSX already contains an upgraded Las Vegas,

please check you scenery library order.

For you, SCA seems to be excluding the default ground polygon and the default buildings.

SCA installed

2017-5-10_21-37-18-544.jpg

That does looks about right.

The buildings are stored in Scenery\NAMW\scenery\LasVegas.bgl and the ground polygon

is stored in Scenery\Cities\LasVegas\scenery\Las_vegas.bgl.

Both of these are default files and nothing to do with FTX.

I find that if I disable both files, the ground polygon and buildings do not appear whether SCA

is active or not, so I must conclude that they are not included in or affected by SCA.

I can only suggest that you try re-installing SCA.

Here is a series of illustrations

Default FSX, Scenery\Cities\LasVegas\scenery\Las_vegas.bgl disabled, SCA disabled.

2017-5-11_9-7-7-315.jpg

Default FSX, Scenery\Cities\LasVegas\scenery\Las_vegas.bgl and  Scenery\NAMW\scenery\LasVegas.bgl disabled, SCA disabled.

2017-5-11_9-10-43-696.jpg

Default FSX, Scenery\Cities\LasVegas\scenery\Las_vegas.bgl enabled, Scenery\NAMW\scenery\LasVegas.bgl disabled, SCA disabled.

2017-5-11_9-13-30-97.jpg

Both default files enabled, SCA disabled.

2017-5-11_9-15-39-584.jpg

Default files and SCA enabled.

2017-5-11_9-18-4-478.jpg

Google Earth

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

That does looks about right.

The buildings are stored in Scenery\NAMW\scenery\LasVegas.bgl and the ground polygon

is stored in Scenery\Cities\LasVegas\scenery\Las_vegas.bgl.

Both of these are default files and nothing to do with FTX.

I find that if I disable both files, the ground polygon and buildings do not appear whether SCA

is active or not, so I must conclude that they are not included in or affected by SCA.

I can only suggest that you try re-installing SCA.

Thank you for your advice.  I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and SCA.  Now the buildings of the Strip in Las Vegas are visible but there are mounds on the runway and taxiways at the airport!  How do I fix it?  Thank you.

FSX Las Vegas Airport with mounds.jpg

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Have you any other scenery for Las Vegas that might have left an elevation adjustment file

in scenery\world\scenery?

If you search for KLAS you should find only ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL

Thank you for all the images.  I don't have any other scenery at all.  This is a fresh install of the FSX and SCA.  There is only ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL   What should I do?  Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you have Vector, you could try disabling AEC for KLAS perhaps?

No, sorry, I don't have Vector.  I only have SCA and Orbx Libraries.  Now the Strip buildings have vanished again but the mounds from the runway and taxiways are gone!  Here is a screenshot of my scenery libraries order:  How do I fix it?  Is the order correct?  Thank you.

FSX Settings Scenery Library Current Order 2.jpg

Archived