Misaligned roads

ananda

Order Number: FSS0004567

Order Date: 2008-03-20

As explained in topic:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1621.msg12413#new

I had problems with the installer for AU Blue, Hotfix 8, Holger's mesh and the free airports.

Could this explain the misaligned roads in this shot?

Posted Image

I manually added the AU Blue scenery as follows:

Posted Image

Is this the correct order?

George

Sorry for the sarcasm, but perhaps, maybe they go into numerical order?, i.e. 05, 08, 45, 46, 48?  Also, please install the V1.01 patch: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1644.0

Those roads are not misaligned - that is the just the way FSX roads cut through ground textures and it's only avoided by manually removing those roads from our data; which we may do for some industrial areas in future patches.

Thanks John,

Sarcasm accepted  ;)

I've re-arranged the scenery order and applied the V1.01 patch, of course, it failed as before. I'm assuming it was whilst attempting to modify the scenery.cfg:

Posted Image

Then, in FSX:

Posted Image

I've edited the path in scenery.cfg.

George

George,

Is it possible for you to get on TeamSpeak ?

If so I gladly wil have a lil chat with you asI get the impression that somwhere something went wrong and with voice comms it can be settled a lot easyer and quicker as typing messages back and forth all the time.

Yes, I have Teamspeak 2 and also Skype.

George

Yep, no problems over here with Ultimate 64 (SP1). I have UAC and DEP off and gave full permission to all folders handling FSX data (that mostly because i use a network, but maybe it matters for a single PC as well). All installers, exe files or shortcuts (FSX or others), i run always as Administrator. Just in case...

Yep, no problems over here with Ultimate 64 (SP1). I have UAC and DEP off and gave full permission to all folders handling FSX data

I have exactly the same setup with full permissions to Users/.../Roaming, except I have Vista Home Premium 64.

George

Hmmm... i have not the smallest idea what's the problem there. But as a first shot i would try following :

- untick all FTX entries in the library. Click o.k. and let rebuild.

- enter the library again and delete all entries. Rebuild again.

- restart FSX

- manually add all entries. Rebuild

Not sure if it helps, but worth a try ?

Archived