P3D ORBX England scenery installation

New to ORBX, but thinking of replacing my Horizon VFR England scenery with ORBX.scenery. Downloaded and installed FTX central P3D3 and loaded England scenery. FTX states that - this product has been installed and is up-todate. I thought the installation and use of the scenery was now available without further action, however, P3D ORBX file has FTX, scripts and user documents loaded but there has been no change to the default P3D scenery. Horizon scenery has been de-installed.The documentation seems to lack information, I also thought I would have been able to load the ORBX file on a HD of my choosing but it loaded on the same HD as my P3D file. The Horizon scenery files are loaded on a separate HD to the P3D file.. On the Horizon scenery I could select what VFR airfield I wanted to deselect to prevent incompatibility with airfield separately purchased as addons Can I use the England or European scenery without also having the global scenery installed? Further purchases will depend on a satisfactory installation of my England ORBX scenery. Thanks for any help.

590df78d76059

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The Orbx scenery must be installed to the ORBX folder that is created in the root folder of your simulator

or it will not work as it should.

You also have to install the libraries and run FTX Central to write the scenery library entries.

You do not need anything else for the EU England scenery to work.

You must allow FTX Central about 10-15 seconds to work.

You will see "Activating Orbx scenery" appear and disappear just above the settings tab.

thanks for the quick reponse and partly successful but still having multiple problems. 

The P3D3 software was clean loaded onto a different HD.

1.Installed England scenery but a large portion of southern England scenery up to  just north of the Thames  is missing

see attachment.

2.Tried to install Wales and LC Europe and got for both "an unexpected error occurred send ;log  %Local AppData% orbx\ftxc3 to support

log is:- 

[2017-05-08_09-07-07-PM 3.1.0.2] - System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at Orbx.Download.FileCollector.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<DownloadFileMultithread>b__1(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.OnStatusChanged(EventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.Cancel()
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.MultiThreadedWebDownloader.client_DownloadCompleted(Object sender, DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.HttpDownloadClient.OnDownloadCompleted(DownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
   at Orbx.Download.Multithreaded.HttpDownloadClient.DownloadInternal(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

3.How do I exclude installed ORBX airfields so as not to  conflict with add-ons e.g. VFR airfields or UK2000 airfields.

thanks again 

England ORBX.PNG

re-installed England but southern area still missing. Flew from EGLC London city, with and without England scenery enabled and did'nt see a difference. Still trying! Managed to install Wales and LC Europe  ok without error and will try them out. Still not sure how to make add-on airfields the primary airfield i.e UK 2000 EGCC/GP or aerosoft EGLL.

2 hours ago, airnova said:

re-installed England but southern area still missing. Flew from EGLC London city, with and without England scenery enabled and did'nt see a difference. Still trying! Managed to install Wales and LC Europe  ok without error and will try them out. Still not sure how to make add-on airfields the primary airfield i.e UK 2000 EGCC/GP or aerosoft EGLL.

Quite frankly, I haven't tried to use other scenery on top of Orbx Regions except for Aerosoft. 

From reading your posts, I am troubled by what you are wanting Orbx UK series to do for you.  If you load a region, it enhances the default areas with a better LC than you get with Global.  You also get two types of runways added.  Those that are Orbx enhanced and those that are not.  I found that usually where there is an Aerosft Airport, Orbx stays away from it.

I would recommend first that you uncheck your addon airport and region scenery that may interfere with Orbx.  After you get the UK done, you may find that many other products are not needed.

Between the Orbx Freeware and the regions, you may find that a lot of your airports are already been enhanced.  Only then I would pick the airports you wish to be activated.  You may have to individually uncheck those BGL's causing the problems.

Good luck!

everything coming together and all sceneries loaded. Learning more about ORBX. So far so good so let's go flying. Installed my payware UK2000 and aerosoft EGLL files by removing the approriate BGL's from the ORBX scenery files and voila, now have the necessary stand numbers to assist in taxying. Thanks NIck and Lawrence for input.

Archived