FTXAA_FREEWARE

Bassman

Hi ,  two questions please..

1. I accidentally installed FTXAA_Freeware. I have tried deleting it from scenery settings library however just keeps coming back and when starting FSX with FTX I get an error message stating that the file in Area.151 not found. How do I fully delete FTXAA from my system?

2. For some reason, with Default FSX and also when FTX loaded I cannot load some of my saved flights. However if I place my aircraft say at Coffs Harbour or an airport that is not part of a saved file I can then go to my flights tab and load the saved flight?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan,

to point 1 :

a.  fire up fsX, delete the FTXAA_Freeware entry from your scenery control panel in fsX, OK it and you'll see the Dbase rebuilding, close fsX

b. rightclick and delete the FTXAA_Freeware folder from your install ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_FREEWARE

c. rightclick and delete the scenerylib_FTXAA_Freeware.cfg from your Scripts folder ....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

d. fire up fsX and check for anomalies, alltough there shouldn't be any anymore.

to point 2 :

very hard to determine what's the issue that could cause this, mostly a missing/corrupted file would be the culprit.

Archived