NSTU Pago Pago extremely dim rwy lights

Captain Lars

Hi,

I have installed NSTU Pago Pago today and I find that the runway lights at night are extremely dim. So dim in fact that I can just guess where the runway is by looking at the VASI lights to the left, that appear as bright as always.

Is this intended? The other airport NSFQ or FAQ features normal bright lights.

Cheers

Lars

Hi Lars,

That would indicate you have not installed our Objectflow module

Have you installed the Orbxlibs in FTXcentral?

Otherwise, browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and double click ModuleInstaller.exe and follow the prompts

Objectflow also controls the windsocks, so if they are there or not is another indicator

Yes, I have Orbx Libraries installed and also windsocks are there. However, I did as you suggested, but that didn't change the issue. The lights are still dim. I checked Faleolo today (the last image) and the lights there are just as bright as always, so it's really just Pago Pago (the first two images).

Samoa, Pago Pago schwache Beleuchtung.jpgSamoa, Pago Pago bei Nacht.jpgSamoa, Faleolo bei Nacht.jpg

Hi again,

Great, it sounds like the Objectflow is working, the American Samoan airports use a custom long-range light plane, whereas the the Western Samoan airports use the default APX lights

The lights should automatically switch to a modified light plane for Dusk, Night and Dawn, I would suggest to manually choose to Dusk, Night or Dawn in the time-select options and press OK and let the sim fully reload (using the time-preview slider to switch times does not allow the Objectflow module to swap in the long-range light object)

It should look like this

3ApWvUZ.jpg

Tim,

thank you very much for your help - exactly this was the problem. Now I let it reload and voilà... all is shining in the brightest light. Sorry for having bothered.

You have created a truly magnificent scenery. The detail on the airports is phenomenal. The people look like they were alive. The islands are extremely beautiful. Well done!

Lars

Archived