Hey DEVS, is their anyway to get some more FPS out of my scenery?  I was steady at 30 with just the latinVFR KSAN scenery then upgraded to a few of your sceneries including your KSAN in conjunction with NA Southern California.  Now im at 13 at a most up to FL120.  I dont want to think Im wasted on scenery if it will barely work.  Ideas?

NA Southern Cali

Transaction ID: 5906704866e10

KSAN San Diego INT Airport

Transaction ID: 5906704866e10

First off i suggest you post your PC system specs,OS and your typical sim's settings for that area, whether you uninstalled LatinVFR version of KSAN and which HDD location your sim's installed in.

It may be the system you have will not take the settings you use in that complex area.

If you provide the requested info we may be able to start looking at the problem a bit better.

Ok so I'm running:

Intel i7-3820 @3.60GHz

16 GB Corsair Dominator RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB card

ASUS Rampage MB

Windows 10 Home 64 bit OS all updates installed

PC regularly scanned and defragged

All my games are on a Hybrid 1TB drive separate from the OS drive

LatinVFR, KSAN scenery was uninstalled and removed from P3D, and I have not messed with the settings other than how they came when I purchased P3D

I think I have enough good hardware that it would run ok.  Is P3D like FSX in that it is very Processor intrusive rather than using the graphics card?

Your system looks OK with the CPU as the weakest link. 4-4.6GHz is probably more suitable.

P3D does use the Tessellation option tp transfer some of the work, like Terrain, over to the GPU, unlike FSX.

Please note that the area around LA in SCA is a killer even for those with higher spec PCs than you. The control panel options need to be considered in this area. Also consider reducing your LOD, vegetation, and any traffic ai you have. Traffic is a big process user as it will spawn ai traffic for up to 100 miles around.

My only suggestion, bar the one's I have mentioned, is to turn down all your setting and the incrementally increase one at a time to see how far you can go before things start having an adverse effect.

If i read your initial post correctly you were getting  a steady 30 fps with default textures and only latin vfr KSN as the additional addon.

SCA is very different in it's detail, autogen, mesh etc. I don't know if you have other Orbx addons.

Have you tried the lowest settings suggestion yet? Temporarily remove your current P3D cfg and keep it safe. Start P3D and it will build a new P3D cfg and it will be set at all the default settings. Change the plane to a low and slow default plane. Choose KSAN as your start point and fly.

Default FPS will be 20 so that is the first thing you can try and change. Try unlimited. Then go through all the settings, increasing in increments.

Find a sweet spot with your settings. When you do I suggest you save that P3D cfg as the one for SCA/KSAN. You can then drop that one in to P3D when you want to fly SCA. 

It really is not a matter of the scenery "working" or not, it does, it's more about the correct settings of your sim to accommodate the high details within both SCA and KSAN. You will note from the forums that KSAN is particularly demanding, and if you delve further into the forums, so is SCA.

Running a 3rd party fast jet is also adding to the problem. I am afraid I can give no further advice, other than see if my suggestions help in anyway. May not be the answer you are looking for but the 2 addons you have chosen are both very demanding and will not probably work well with your normal settings that you use for other areas.

Let me know the results.

For a start i would dump Windows 10 and opt for Win 7 pro or ultimate.Then overclock your processor to about 4.2Ghz. Your Graphics card is goooood and you have plenty of RAM. Reinstall everything and all should be a whole lot better. Go from there!!! I have a i7 3840 running at 4.3Ghz, 32gig RAM, EVGA 980Ti & EVGA 780 GTX, 6 SSD's and Windows 7 Ultimate. I dont have SCA/KSAN but have a lot of ORBX products and I am at Unlimited FPS nearly all sliders at MAX, LOD @ 8.5 and get between 45 and 140 FPS and that is on the very latest version of P3D. There are a few bugs in P3D and you might need to work around them, but it is a whole lot better than FSX.

Good luck

Archived