Northern Ireland compared with FTX Global base pack + vector

SOAR

Hi, I am trying to decide which to buy.  I have FSX.  I am interested in flying over Northern Ireland.  Should I buy Northern Ireland or FTX Global Base Pack + FTX Global Vector?  Which option is better for realism?  Please advise.  Thank you.

In truth, a lot depends on what you want and how much money you might eventually want to spend.

The global products offer a huge step up from FSX 'standard'. Also, they do allow you to use their features on a global scale.

On the other hand, IMHO, the regions offer the very best experience available. Upgraded airports and lots of detail. If you read the product pages you will see that they are 'personalised' to a particular region, its features and much more.

I only buy regions - as I want the best.

But I fly low and slow :) (OK sometimes fast). Exploring regions is great fun.

On the other hand, if you like to fly longer distances in bigger airliners, then the global products perhaps offer better value.

Paulb, thank you very much for your advice.  I really appreciate it.  I fly VFR in small planes e.g. Cessna as I like the view.  I will buy the regions thanks to your advice.

Archived