Open LC EU textures a mess, support please

Hi,

I bought the OpenLC EU textures (Transaction ID: 59084952977b7) but textures look decidedly bad, with stuff running through eachother and large swaths of out of place textures. See attached screenshots. As far as I can see texture cfg's and position of folders in scenery lib are correct in my FSX:SE setup. Any pointers how to fix?

AMA141-2017-may-4-005.jpg

AMA141-2017-may-4-007.jpg

AMA141-2017-may-4-008.jpg

Thanks.

Please try setting your FTX and OLC entries in the insertion point tool that you will find on the settings page of FTX Central.

The FTX icon should be below the lowest of any other addon scenery you may have and the OLC icon below the FTX one.

Don't forget to click on save.

There are other things to try if this doesn't work.

Done, same result as previous post.

I've deselected the all OLC entries in my scenery lib to check results. Same thing. Makes me think not OLC but Germany North maybe is the culprit? I'm disabling that too to see results this evening.

Ok further testing:

OLC and Germany North on --> crap

OLC and Germany North off --> ok

OLC off and Germany North on --> crap

OLC on and Germany North off -->  ok

OLC and Germany North on (again) --> crap (again)

So it seems Germany North is my problem and not OLC Europe. Don't know if this helps any? Looking forward to more tips to get this sorted.

Hello,

This seems to be being a bit of a challenge.

Could you try unticking all your FTX scenery library entries and see if the problem is apparent still?

Ideally, try somewhere where there are no FTX products.

South Africa perhaps.

Another slight possibility could be your Orbx libraries.

Try deleting ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.txt.

Run FTX Central and you should be able to re-install the libraries.

I have no problems outside of the German area. Only disabling Germany North entries in the library "solves" the weird texturing in that area.

Disabling other FTX stuff has no effect: no problems with texturing with them either enabled or disabled.

I did as you asked with the orbxlibs.txt and let ftxcentral reinstall the libs: no result.

I uninstalled and made sure the GEN folders are indeed gone. Restarted FSX and looked at area around Berlin and Munchen. Both ok.

Closed FSX:SE and reinstalling GEN via ftx central (too bad it's sooo sloooooww).

Re-install yielded the same botched up stuff. 

So I went looking for other stuff in Germany. I have Most German Airfields from Aerosoft, as well as German Landmarks, also from Aerosoft.

Both have landclass files incorporated. I have switched them all off and seem to have better textures now. See pics below.

I'll go and tinker some more with these installations, enabling and disabling to view results.

Are any clashes known between Germany North and Aerosofts's German Airfields and/or German Landmarks?

AMA141-2017-may-6-003.jpg

AMA141-2017-may-6-004.jpg

Hello,

that does looks very much better.

Essentially, two landclass products will never work together.

There is a whole topic here that might help.

Should I mark this as resolved, since you seem to have finally found the problem?

Hi Nick,

yea I think you can. I just have to find what exactly bites with Germany North (and maybe OLC Europe), but nothing seems wrong with only orbx stuff activated.

Thanks for all the help! 

Sorry for taking up your time, I should have found this myself on the forum.

But ... further testing on my part reveals the landclass files in German Landmarks package are the culprit, not the ones coming with German Airfields.

You might want to link this bit to the general page on compatibility index, as it isn't shown here yet.

Archived