Firstly let me say that I think you guys have done a fabulous job with the AUBlue package and now the associated airports package. I was close to quitting FSX and returning to FS9 but instead I have now removed FS9 from my system. Many thanks and may the wonderful work continue.

I do have one minor issue with Merimbula. The static aircraft placed on this airstrip are overlapping each other in some areas. It would seem there are 2 kinds of static planes uses, some quite good and resemble real aircraft while others are very square models and not real looking at all. On my system it would seem that some of the 2 different types have been placed in the same spot to the point where they merge into one another. I must admit I did not visit Merimbula prior to installing the Airports package, so I do not know if the problem existed before. The only other package I have installed though is VSX.

I also have a float plane bobbing around while parked on the grass in front of one of the hangers.

Could someone please advise if this matter is a general one or if I have a problem exclusive to my system.

Graham   

I've just changed the float to a static (not-animated) one at YMER but I don't see the low-poly overlapping parked aircraft.  Do you somehow have an old alpha development YMER on your system? ...as I asked 2 other people to check now live via TS and they don't have the Microsoft blockies.

I'll upload the static float patch for a hotfix at some point in time.

If I have I am not aware of it. I have only got VSX installed plus the newest Orbx Airports. If you can tell me what I should be looking for I will do a search.

I should point out that I also have the 6 or 8 'squareish' static aircraft at Lilydale but they are separate from the other static planes there. Is this also incorrect?

I haven't ventured to any other airfields as yet because I am enjoying Lilydale too much. (Love the ballooons by the way)

Also with Merimbula, I have 3 large hangers which look like the original default buildings in addition to the new custom made buildings. Is this correct?

Graham

This is beginning to get the better of me.

When I remove VSX all is well with Merimbula in that the surplus planes go and I am left with a small number of good quality planes as I think the designer intended. (still have the default buildings though)

However, Lilydale is now a problem with different ground levels and parked AI aircraft floating a few feet above the ground. The house near the parked aircraft also goes into a small mound at one end. The square static aircraft which disappeared at Merimbula remain at Lilydale. It's as though Lilydale requires a file from VFX to obtain it's relatively level ground.

Graham

Take two.

Have once again removed VSX from FSX and now all is fine. I don't know what happened the first time.

Only questions remaining.

- Should the large hangers which appear to be default buildings remain at Merimbula?

- Should the 6 or so 'square' and unrealistic aircraft remain at Lilydale?

Once again, thanks very much for what you guys are doing with FSX.

Graham

Take two.

Have once again removed VSX from FSX and now all is fine. I don't know what happened the first time.

Only questions remaining.

-

- Should the 6 or so 'square' and unrealistic aircraft remain at Lilydale?

Graham

Yes. They are stock static aircraft. You will find them in other places too. No doubt they will eventually be replaced

Archived