ORBX Scenery not loading

I run p3d3.3 I've had to reinstall it recently I have Australian LC, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Cairns. I've tried installing them a couple off times now I set all the configs for each airport on the lower end IE no static aircraft, no airside vehicles etc.  every time I load in the sim and select one of the above airports I get the p3d default scenery. I have other addon scenery from FSDT, and Flytampa and they work and load properly.

The installation seems to go OK a ORBX folder is created in my main p3d folder.

This problem has only happened since I reinstalled p3d, can anybody suggest whats gone wrong or what I not doing right.

The only thing I haven't tried is downloading and installing a fresh copy of p3d

Yes I installed the lastest versions from ftx central In desperation I even installed the a clean copy of p3d from the p3d site. I'm still not getting any Orbx scenery. At the moment I've only installed the Australian LC and YBSC Cairns The files are installed into the ORBX folder in the main p3d folder. when p3d starts I get a error message saying

20170426_165734.jpg

When I checked the scenery cfg the entry is there:

[Area.126]

Title=FTX_AU

Local=C:\Prepar3d\ORBX\FTX_AU

Layer=126

Active=True

Required=False

I checked the ORBX Scripts folder and found that the YBSC script is installed but I still get the default scenery. I also placed the FTX AU at the top of the scenery library.

Hello Paul,

To Repair this scenery.cfg error 

As you Only have Orbx Scenery currently Installed we can try these steps.  This will clean your scenery.cfg file and pop your Orbx entries back in

(1) Navigate to the below location and Delete your scenery.cfg file    

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3  ► scenery.cfg 

(2)  Launch Prepar3D to the Default location,  Then Shut it down. This will Generate a Default scenery.cfg 

(3)  Open your FTX Control Panel wait 10\15 seconds, Then Close it, This will Insert your Orbx scenery entries back into your scenery.cfg

(4)  Launch Prepar3D and test with your Orbx scenery 

Let us know how you get on 

Yes it is, I tried changing the settings in FTX Central to orbx globle at the top of the list and the lc setting to after globle and it seemed to work I now got orbx YBCS scenery back, I'm now re downloading my other orbx scennery hopfuly the problem is solved.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Hi Paul

Good to hear, and for moving forward, the FTXC3 settings should be,

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

G'day Doug

Thanks for your advice. when I installed the rest of my orbx scenery I got the original problem that is, default scenery instead of Orbx scenery, then I read your post and followed your last 2 points and it worked.

Since I now got the Orbx scenery working I'm going to go  ahead and install the rest of my addon scenery.

Just out of curiosity Could you please tell me why when I originally bought and installed Orbx scenery it just installed in the right place and worked straight away without having to follow your above post.

Many thanks to you and Elaine for your help.

Cheers

Paul

5 hours ago, Paul57 said:

Just out of curiosity Could you please tell me why when I originally bought and installed Orbx scenery it just installed in the right place and worked straight away without having to follow your above post.

Hi Paul

Good to hear everything is working now.....My guess would be the fact that when you originally installed we were still using FTX Central 2, and had not evolved yet to the new unified lclookup.bgl way of doing things ie: FTX Central 3 and no longer require setting regions, so this is why the "Force Migration" option exists in FTXC3.

Cheers

Doug

Archived