Crystal Ballz - and Spec(ulation)s

GregJ

So - while I understand there should be no requests for information regarding new P3D, nor release of information from ORBX - and that NDA's are in place. It is understood, from a purely speculative point of view - that a new release is forthcoming - further that it might be 64Bit and will be seamless in crossover for existing ORBX products by way of Central v.3. without a price hike per JV. My question(s) are as follows: 

1) What do you all hope to see in a new release?

2) When do you think it forthcoming?

3) Should I expect to continue only with P3D - or also look at X-flight as some seem to be pushing me towards - (not from this group of course) 

4) Finally - will this new iteration of P3D cost us up front again - as before?

I fly a lot of PNW, some Europe and am heavily considering LOWI - a lot of VRS and just recently sprung for LiveTraffic - which is very good in my opinion - and now want to create the 'realism' of said live AI for these regions. My hopes for this new alleged P3D is that it will take into account all the VAS issues others have experienced and also include some of the great add-ons from developers world-wide - planes, ships and airports for example on a regional basis, with of course much more improved multiplayer capabilities and perhaps access to Internet-based Lessons from real pilots...for non-licensing purposes. 

1) 64 Bits for sure. VAS issues should be gone. Speculations say a new lighting system. 64 bits might enable a higher LOD and soft fading in of and wider Autogen. I would like to see an updated and updatable (i.e. database driven) Runways and Navaids system. Probably I won't get it, though.

2) The usual LM major release update cycle is around two years. My crystal ball says summer.

3) I bought X-Plane 11 and dealt with it for some time. I wouldn't push you to use it as your main sim. It has plenty of  good freeware like World2XPlane or Ortho4XP, but still has a tendency to look cartoonish. Thats' me, others will disagree for sure. I expect quite a number of "converts" to return to Prepar3d4, btw.

4) Yes.

5) Has not been asked: I'll get it on day 1, given all ORBX scenery can be used without an extra charge. 

Kind regards, Michael

Archived