(Help Please) My FTX product does not work on steam edition

Hey guys, so i have purchased ORBX Australia and Melbourne scenery. I opened FTX central 3 went and installed it. Then i loaded Flight simulator steam edition and none of the ORBX scenery worked or loaded. Me and a friend have been trying all night but we dont know what to do. I have tried uninstalling and re installing but that doesn't work either. Please if someone knows what to do please help me as i spent a lot of money.

Thanks guys.

Jesse

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased ORBX AU and it does not seem want to work with FSX steam edition? It says that ORBX is compatible with steam edition but i have no idea what to do, I use FTX central 3, Can someone please help as i spent lots of money for this.

Thank you

If there are no scenery library entries, you will see no scenery.

To make the scenery library entries, you need to have installed the latest libraries and then

run FTX Central.

Wait until you have seen the "activating Orbx scenery" message appear and disappear at the

lower left, just above the settings tab.

Try backing up your  C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Orbx\Simulators\fsxse.c3json and replacing it with the attached.

When you select FSX Steam edition FTXC looks for a bunch of folders called "FSX-SE" but most steam installations just call those folders "FSX". If you compare my file with yours, it's just changing those folder names, so FTXC knows where to place the files it modifies. If you feel more comfortable editing your own file, then just compare mine to yours, look for the folder names mentioned in the config file and update the file appropriately.

Also be aware that updating FTXC will probably overwrite this configuration file.

fsxse.c3json

Archived