Black Squares in FTX global

Richard Jackson

Hi everyone. I have just purchased FTX global base pack this morning. I've installed it onto my fsx and all I get is loads of black squares floating around the place. Didn't get them until I installed this scenery pack. Just wondering if there is anyway of fixing it. Thank you. 

HI Richard,

If you have both Service Packs 1 and 2 installed on your  FSX setup, you will find a DirectX check box on your graphics screen. Go to options, display and look for the Graphics Screen the checkbox is on the right side. Uncheck DirectX, reboot FSX and if that in fact was the problem, your black squares will be gone.

btw, if you really want a very nice improvement in FSX, I suggest you look for and buy Steve's DX10 Fixer. It allows you to take advantage of all DirectX 10 advantages for FSX

http://sites.fastspring.com/stevesfsxanalysis/product/dx10sceneryfixer

and, here is Steve's blog

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/

You can also find dedicated forums as flightsim.com and avsim.com as well as comments here if you Search 

Hope this helps...

Sherm

Hi Sherm. Thank you for your help. I think I will buy Steve directx 10 fixer. I tried un ticking my directx 10 box and it made the black squares disappear. But sadly after about an hour into using fsx the graphics started to go funny and made fsx un useable. When I buy Steve's directx 10 fixer do I need to tweak my fsx config file? Or will the directx 10 fixer do this for me? Thanks Richard 

HI Richard, The Fixer will do all the tweaking you need. When installed, it will guide you step by step, plus there is a detailed manual, as well as Steve's blog. He is a very responsible software developer...btw, do not forget to check the various DX10 and related forums at avsim, flightsim.com and several others, including here.

Sherm

Archived