Problem with YAMK

glasklar

Hello Heinz,

I have split this from the topic where you added it, that one is for requests for airports, not support.

I do not see what you do, I must assume that you do have FTX Australia installed.

I wonder if you have Holgermesh installed and whether you might possibly have another version of

mesh or the airport as well.

I cannot find any YAMK files at all in the ORBX folder, so I guess it must be the default.

If that is the case, it looks reasonably good here, even the two runways.

2017-4-6_9-12-20-200.jpg

2017-4-6_9-24-16-146.jpg

2017-4-6_9-8-33-487.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Hello Nick

I have FTX Australia installed. I also have Holgermesh and FSX Global 2010 FTX installed.

Yes, is it the default FSX airport. No Addon from OZx.

I tried the two solutions in VECTOR Configuration, airport enabled and airport disabled. Disabled is the better way, but it is not correct, as you can see in my pictures.

What is the difference between my installation and yours? Your pictures look right. What is the altitude for the airport in your system?

Regards, Heinz 

Hi Nick

With AEC enabled the two runways float in the air. Before Vector I used the AFM tool from Pilot. Perhaps this could be the reason for this floating.

I created three new bgl's. The first with the help of FSX-Planner. I set the airport altitude to 405 feet instead of 250 feet which is in the default FSX airport. I put this bgl in the World\scenery folder. Then I created two new bgl's (YAMK_ADEX_ADE.BGL and YAMK_ADEX_ADE_CVX,bgl) based on the new altitude with the help of Airport Design Editor and put them in the scenery folder of the Addon Scenery folder. AEC disabled.

Now the airport looks right.

Regards, Heinz

Hello,

Yes, I expect that the file created by AFM was the cause of the problem.

That would be the difference between your installation and mine.

What you have done seems to have raised the airport to an incorrect height.

It does seem to be 250 feet in the real world.

https://skyvector.com/airport/YAMK/Andamooka-Airport

Probably, if you locate the file created by AFM, remove that, enable AEC in Vector

and remove your two files made with ADE, you will see the same as I do and at the correct height.

Hello Nick

When I do what you propose, I have the situation below:

Andamookaafb93.jpg

AFM scenery folder is empty and the AFM box in the scenery library is unticked:

Andamooka1.jpg

I can't find in an other folder a file created by AFM. At the moment, I don't know, what I can try again, so I will stay with my three bgl's I created as mentioned above.

Perhaps my AEC bgl is corrupted?

Regards, Heinz

I don't know much about AFM but I think I remember that it is not recommended to use it with Vector.

From what I have seen of it, it changes the airport and the landscape around it to remove any cliffs caused by

the Pilot's mesh, regardless of what it should look like in the real world.

I suspect that is what you are seeing.

Logically, if you remove whatever AFM has done, remove the FSPilot's mesh, remove your own ADE files and

make sure that the Vector AEC is enabled, you should be left with just the FTX files and see what was intended.

Hello Nick

I don't use AFM with Vector and the scenery folder of AFM is complete empty. I used it before the release of Vector, and it is possible, that this tool did some irrevocable actions which are responsible for my actual problems.

But anyway, with the corrections I did (the threee new bgl's) the airport looks correct now (see picture below). The only thing which is not correct, is the airport altitude. But so far, I could not determine any negative impacts due to this fact.

Andamooka2aef0c.jpg

Regards, Heinz

Archived