Win 7 and SP3 download version not installing

CmdrSN

Hi Orbx Support,

do you have an idea how this might happen?

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a clean install on Win 7 RC 64-bit with OrbxFTXAUBlueSP3.exe download from theflightsimstore Order Number: 29436

Thanks in advance for your help.

And by the way for the excellent work with FTX. Wish you would have Europe on Schedule

Kind regards from Germany

Norbert

Hi Adrian,

thank you for your fast reply.

well this is the result

Posted Image

After that, i thought, well maybe there is something wrong with my .net framework and installed .net 4 beta

Same result ??? and showing 3.5 aswell ?

Posted Image

Do you have a idea ?

Just in case, maybe helps, this is my System

Posted Image

Posted Image

:o  ???  :)

ohhh mates it's so untrue.. thank you

And for all other users..  Please make sure before installing SP3

• the English-Display/Systemlanguage has to be installed, no need to have it active, you may use your local language.

I didn't realise that English wasn't even installed on my Sys.

• plus UAC off

thanks @ Adrian and Wolter

Posted Image

Hi Norbert,

I am glad that you have it all installed however if you could assist me with this issue further that would be greatly appreciated. There certainly appears to be a problem with the wrapper on non-English versions of Windows 7 which will need to be sorted out.

The fact that the dotnettest.exe application resulted in showing .net 3.5 installed is a step in the right direction. So I have compiled a new version of the wrapper for AU Blue and would like you to test this for me if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I have a couple of other customers in the same boat and would like your feedback also.

If you are interested in helping me out I would be happy to compensate you for your time. To do so, simply create a contact ticket at The FlightSim Store and I will send you details on what you will need to do to complete the test.

Hi all :)

I have the same problem. I'm on Windows 7 64-Bit Final German Version. How can you install the english system language? I have switched everything to english (USA) in my regional settings, but it doesn't work :(

Thanks for helping :)

Kind Regards

Christian

Hi Christian,

i may just report from my experience.. I have the German Win 7 RC 64-bit installed.

I didn't switch anything to English, might help aswell though, I simply installed the English Systemlanguage.

You will find it via Windows Update, take a look to the optional updates, it's called >> Sprachpaket Englisch <<

and as mentioned, UAC off during install.

Cheers

Norbert

Sorry to hear/read that.

Actually I had that in mind, that only the ultimate versions allow a language-pack to be installed. So I'll have to to buy the ultimate version as soon as it's out here.

Would have done so anyway, cause I'm sure that au blue etc. is not the only software going that have issues with different language versions. In the past I always tended to buy the english version of windows because of that reason.

Hopefully FTX comes up with new wrapper not having that issue. On the other hand the first non-sp version of au blue worked perfectly fine on my win7,  is beautiful and still beats everything else i have seen so far.

Grüße in die Schweiz

Norbert

Hi Norbert, Hi Adrian

I just want to ask, if there are some news about the test with the new wrapper that Adrian have compiled for testing.

It's boring without this fantastic scenery :D And i can't sleep without a good night flight over Australia  ;)

Also i need a good scenery, to test my new PC :D

Thanks for a short feedback :)

Kind regards

Christian

Hi Christian,

well I don't have any news. I didn't have anything new for testing.

But I think you might ask Flightsimstore for a non SP3 Version of your AU Packages?

My version before SP3 was OrbxFTXAUBlue110.zip from October 2008 and worked totally fine.

Cheers

Norbert 

Hi all  :)

Thank you very much for the link. I will try it  :)

Adrian from FSS have a new wrapper for all FTX AU Regions in the works. The new FTX AU SP3 Regions with the new wrapper should be available soon for downloading at the FSS Store.

Kind Regards

Christian

Hi Jean-Luc :)

I tested the Vistalizer today, and it works fantastic :D

You just need to install the english language pack 32-bit or 64-bit with the internal mode, and not express. You just need to install the language pack, but you dont need to activate it. Stay with your native windows language, and everything works great :D Please give a small feedback when you have tested Vistalizer.

I'm very happy now. Now i can install all my other FTX AU Region Packs.

@Norbert. Thank you very much for finding this software.

Happy flying  :D

Kind Regards

Christian

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I too have the .Net 3.5 problem when trying to install FTX Blue (OrbxFTXAUBlueSP3.exe, downloaded oct 30 2009) on Windows7 64bit Professional Dutch.

dotNetTest.exe reads .NET v3.5 installed correctly.

I downloaded and installed English language pack (windows6.1-kb972813-x64-en-us_483a3e51038f1a369bc5b5cdf5fc32df3ea4ad27) from http://www.froggie.sk/7lp64rtm.html.

Nevertheless after retrying to install OrbxFTXAUBlueSP3.exe afterwards I got the same (".. .NET v3.5 is not Installed..")  error.

Please help!

Kinds regards,

Sjaak

Archived