[RTFM] Au freeware airport pack not working!

hi all,

I know what your thinking RTFM, but I was quite patient and read the manual fully before installing, the install went fine with no difficulties and as soon as I went to fly my home airport of YGLG ALAS! I had none.  I checked the ICAO of other listed airports such as Sunbury and ceres and they also do not show.  From reading the manual it says SOME of the airports dont have ICAO codes but the ones I tried to type in do not show up, and these are listed.  Please forgive me if I am ignorant as I read the manual and assumed the airports I looked for would be listed, I am now going to get down off my soap box and try and find them by flying to their approximate locations and see how I go.  If I find an airport where geelong should be, I will come back here and heat humble pie.  but in the meantime does anyone have any answers as to why they wouldnt show up (the downloaded package is already activated in my scenery)  Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Aussiecop

Guest J van E

LOL

The fact that they have ICAO codes does NOT mean you can look them up in FSX!

From the introduction:

"Many of these little strips do not have facility information recorded in the FSX database. You will not be able to select these fields from the GO TO AIRPORT menu."

Or what about page 6:

"Various airstrips included in this package can not be found in the Microsoft FSX ‘GO TO AIRPORT’ or ‘Scenery Database’ menus. These are generally small airstrips that do not include AFCAD (airport description) files."

Are you sure you read the right manual...? ;D

In short: to get to these airfields you REALLY have to fly VFR! And I found Ceres, Geelong in the meantime (thanks to the map posted elsewhere on the forum, I have to admit), so heat humble pie. Whatever that means. ;)

EDIT:

Maybe you meant Geelong, Grovedale, but I am sure that one is there too. ;)

Note to self....................................STOP BEING RETARDED......................I am clear, RTFM lol nice work by me!

Cheers

Aussiecop

hey at least I can still make an idiot of myself, glad to see things dont get better with age !

Okey dokey, just wanted to show what a retard I am and prove I can fly VFR from YMAV to YGLG now due to the awesome freeware and FTX. nice work Mark, I olny flew out of here a month back so still pretty fresh in the memory, the detail here is phenomenal, right down to the 3 broken down planes by the main office and the park bitumen part gravel runway that I landed on....outstanding. Mark if you read this and want to do any updates I have detailed photos of most of the buildings and surrounding area, that I took just for ORBX purposes.

Cheers

Aussiecop

Posted Image

Archived